Important Gk question / Answer of Agriculture Science. Prepare your exam online through selected questions. Agriculture Science is an important part of all type competitive exams. If you are preparing for government competitive examination then it will be helpful for your preparation. Given below 100 question of related to Agriculture GK. You can also find various type GK to given valuable links for exam preparation.
Sample Question Paper of Agriculture Science GK:
1. Which of the following tool is used for measuring the draft of agricultural implements?
(A) Dynamometer (B) Hydrometer
(C) Galvanometer (D) Barometer (Ans: A)
2. Which of the method of ploughing is mostly practised?
(A) Outside to inside ploughing (B) Inside to outside ploughing
(C) Ploughing by putting furrow from one side of field (D) Ploughing by halai making (Ans : D)
3. The working efficiency per day of deshi plough is—
(A) 0.3 ha (B) 0.4 ha
(C) 0.6 ha (D) 0.8 ha (Ans: B)
4. The mould-board of a tractor-drawn soil turning plough is the type of—
(A) General purpose (B) Stubble
(C) Sod (breaker) (D) High speed (Ans : D)
5. Among the following, ridger is not used in crop—
(A) Maize (B) Gram
(C) Potato (D) Sugarcane (Ans: B)
6. The best method of ploughing through deshi plough is—
(A) Outside to inside ploughing (B) Inside to outside ploughing
(C) Ploughing by making halai (D) Ploughing by making furrow from one side of field (Ans: C)
7. How much is the working efficiency of dibbler (ha per day)?
(A) 0.15 (B) 0.25
(C) 0.35 (D) 0.45 (Ans : A)
8. Tillage includes—
(A) Ploughing of land (B) Keep the land free from weeds
(C) Make the soil levelled (D) All of the above operations (Ans : D)
9. Function of the seed-drill is—
(A) Making furrow (B) Dropping seeds
(C) Covering the seeds in-furrow (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
10. Wrought iron contains carbon (percent) —
(A) 0.05-1% (B) 1-2%
(C) 2-3% (D) 3-4% (Ans : A)
11. Which of the following does not affect the draft of ploughs?
(A) Width of furrow (B) Depth of furrow
(C) Length of furrow (D) Soil moisture (Ans: C)
12. Swing-basket (Dhenkuli) is used for—
(A) Making furrow (B) Lifting water from wells
(C) Destroying weeds (D) Leveling of land (Ans: B)
13. Which of the following is used maximum for lifting water from wells?
(A) Persian wheel (Rahat) (B) Swing basket (Bedi)
(C) Dhenkuli (D) Don (Ans: A)
14. Which of the following is used for lifting water from 8-10 m depth?
(A) Washer Rahat (B) Hand pump
(C) Mayadar lift (D) None of the above (Ans : D)
15. In which implement. Are bullocks not used for lifting water?
(A) Buldev Balti (B) Charsa
(C) Egyptian screw (D) Rahat (Persian wheel) (Ans: C)
16. Belt mostly used is of types—
(A) Rubber (B) Kirmich
(C) Leather (D) Cotton thread (Ans: A)
17. The major defects of rubber belts are—
(A) Costly (B) Slips on wet
(C) Early rubbed (D) Increased due to heat (Ans: B)
18.The main advantage of ‘PVC’ pipes for drainage is the feasibility of—
(A) Mechanical laying (B) Physical laying
(C) Chemical laying (D) Physical, chemical laying both (Ans: A)
19. ‘ESCORT’ tractor is manufactured at—
(A) Faridabad (B) Ghaziabad
(C) Kanpur (D) Chennai (Ans: A)
20. Soil erosion by the wind brings about the serious damage in soil by changing the—
(A) Soil permeability (B) Soil structure
(C) Soil texture (D) Soil plasticity (Ans: C)
21. Which of the following wood is not used for making handle of spade ?
(A) Sheesham (B) Babool
(C) Neem (D) Mango (Ans : A)
22. Soil turning plough makes the furrow of which type (shape) ?
(A) ‘V’ shape (B) ‘L’ shape
(C) ‘O’ shape (D) No definite shape (Ans : B)
23. Harrow is drawn by—
(A) Bullocks (B) Tractor
(C) Diesel (D) Bullocks and Tractor both (Ans : D)
24. Which of the following is not a secondary tillage implement ?
(A) Cultivators (B) Harrow
(C) Hoe (D) Meston plough (Ans : D)
25. Which type of saw is not included ?
(A) Crosscut saw (B) Deshi saw
(C) Tenon saw (D) Teething saw (Ans : D)
26. A 10 cm wide belt, having the speed of 1350 meter per minute, would be appropriate to transfer the how much H. P. ?
(A) 20 (B) 15
(C) 25 (D) 40 (Ans : B)
27. A tractor driving pulley has its 25 cm diameter and revolving at a speed of 960 r.p.m. If on the shaft of a thresher, an attached pulley is revolving at a speed of 1600 r.p.m. what would be the diameter of this pulley ?
(A) 16 cm (B) 15 cm
(C) 12 cm (D) 20 cm (Ans : C)
28. The term‘Olpad’in ‘Olpad Thresher’ is named in the name of—
(A) Scientist (B) Village
(C) Labourer (D) Farmer (Ans : B)
29. Which of the following ‘hoe’ is bullock drawn ?
(A) Akola hoe (B) Sharma hoe
(C) Wheel hoe (D) Naini type hoe (Ans : A)
30. High compression petrol engines are used in some tractors and have high performance in—
(A) U.S.A. (B) Germany
(C) Japan (D) Holland (Ans : A)
31. The distribution of fertilizers by aircraft is widely practised in—
(A) England (B) France
(C) Gennany (D) New Zealand (Ans : D)
32. A 2- row potato harvester, working in good condition with 4 to 5 men on the machine, can do how much hectare per day ?
(A) 0.5-0.6 ha (B) 1.2-1.4 ha
(C) 2.5 ha (D) 1.8-1.9 ha (Ans : B)
33. Mole drainage is practised extensively in country—
(A) New Zealand (B) Japan
(C) U.S.A. (D) China (Ans : A)
34 Which is not included in the sources of energy, getting for agricultural work ?
(A) Diesel engine (B) Electric motor
(C) Bullocks (D) Cow (Ans : D)
35. Which is included in dairy equipment?
(A) Threshers (B) Lactometer
(C) Cane Planter (D) Winnowers (Ans : B)
36. In our country, for the manufacturing of agricultural implements tools, mostly wood is used, because—
(A) Easy available at all the places (B) Wood is cheaper
(C) Easy to repair tools made-up of wooden, compound to metal tools
(D) Above (A) to (C) are correct (Ans : D)
37. The land levelling implement is—
(A) Patela (B) Roller
(C) Scrapper (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
38.Patela is used for—
(A) Sowing (B) Levelling
(C) Earthing (D) Weeding (Ans : B)
39. Which of the material is not used for making rollers ?
(A) Wood (B) Stone
(C) Iron (D) Steel (Ans : D)
40. In which condition, roller is used ?
(A) Where soil is wet (B) Where clods are present in soil
(C) Where soil is friable (D) None of the above (Ans : D)
41. Which one of the following work is not done by scrappers ?
(A) For levelling of soil (B) For making irrigation channels
(C) For covering the sown-seeds by earth (D) For making ridges (Ans : C)
42. Dibbler is used for—
(A) Ploughing (B) Seed sowing
(C) Levelling of land (D) Interculture (Ans : B)
43. Winnowing it called—
(A) Cutting a crop (B) To separate straw etc. from threshed lank
(C) To thresh (D) Cutting the fodder (Ans : B)
44. Chaff-cutter is driven by—
(A) Hand (B) Bullocks
(C) Electric power (D) All of the above (Ans : D)
45. Which of the following is one (single) handed soil turning plough ?
(A) Punjab plough (B) Praja plough
(C) Victory plough (D) U. P. No.1 plough (Ans : B)
46. The purpose of tillage is/are—
(A) Soil clods breaking and suppressing in soil (B) Eradication of weeds
(C) Leveling of soil (D) Above (A), (B) and (C) (Ans : D)
47. The main function of cultivator is—
(A) To turn the soil (B) To make furrow in soil
(C) To pulverize the soil (D) All above three functions (Ans : C)
48. Bakhar is generally used in—
(A) U. P. (B) Bundelkhand
(C) Vindhya Pradesh (D) In all the States/parts of India (in All India) (Ans : B)
49. Sugarcane juice is extracted (%) from canes through bullock-drawn cane-crusher—
(A) 50-55 (B) 70-75
(C) 25-30 (D) 60-65 (Ans : D)
50.‘Olpad’thresher is used in—
(A) Oil extraction from mustard, toria etc. (B) Extracting juice from cane
(C) Threshing of wheat, barley, pea etc. (D) All (A), (B) and (C) (Ans : C)
51. ‘Seed dresser’ is used for—
(A) Mixing/treating seeds with chemicals (B) Sowing seeds at proper distance
(C) Making seeds of high grade (D) Keeping seeds effective up to longer period (Ans : A)
52. ‘Try square’ is used by—
(A) Blacksmith (B) Carpenter
(C) Potter (D) Farmers (Ans : B)
53. A pulley of 21 cm diameter and revolving at 1600 r.p.m. Find out the speed of the belt running over it—
(A) 1120 m/minute (B) 1200 m/minute
(C) 1056 m/minute (D) None of these (Ans : B)
54. If the distance between two pullies, having the diameter of 45 cm and 39 cm, is 3.2 metre, then what would be length of required flate belt ?
(A) 6.8 m (B) 7.72 m
(C) 9.4 m (D) 7.2 m (Ans : B)
55. The minimum expenditure is incurred by implements for sowing seeds among the following—
(A) Deshi plough (B) Cultivator
(C) Dibbler (D) Seed-drill (Ans : D)
56. How many m.m. are in one foot length ?
(A) 304.8 (B) 404.8
(C) 204.8 (D) 104.8 (Ans : A)
57. The grooved pulleys are made-up of—
(A) Steel (B) Cast iron
(C) Wooden (D) Above (A) and (B) both (Ans : D)
58. A general farmer used deshi plough for the purpose of—
(A) Land ploughing (B) Collecting weeds
(C) Making soil powdery (D) Above all works (Ans : D)
59. Which of the following is best for driving machine from low power to slow speed ?
(A) Belts and pulley (B) Spur gear
(C) Toothed wheel and chains (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
60. Reapers are used for—
(A) Crop cutting (B) Threshing of harvested crop produce (lank)
(C) Seeds sowing (D) Fodder cutting (Ans : A)
61. Threshers (except Olpad threshers) are driven by—
(A) One pair of bullocks (B) Two pair of bullocks
(C) Diesel (D) All of the above (Ans : C)
62. Two pair of bullocks are ploughing a field by victory ploughs at a speed of 2 km/hr. If the average width of each furrow is 25 cm. How much time will be required to plough one hectare land? Where after each two hours working, 20 minutes rest is required to provide ?
(A) 10 hours (B) 8 hours
(C) 11 hours 40 minutes (D) 8 hours 20 minutes (Ans : C)
63. If the relative distance is 2.5 metre of centre points of two pullies, having SO cm and 25 cm diameters, then, how much length (metre) of ‘V’ belt would be required ?
(A) 6.18875 (B) 5.18775
(C) 6.28775 (D) 6.18775 (Ans : D)
64. A‘chain’contains how much metre ?
(A) 20.1168 (B) 21.1168
(C) 15.1168 (D) 18.1168 (Ans : A)
65. If the rate of electricity is rupee one per unit, then, a 20 h. p. electric motor, having approx. 100% efficiency will require how much cost (Rs.) on 100 hours running to irrigate the field ?
(A) 500 (B) 750
(C) 1500 (D) 2000 (Ans : C)
66. ‘Drip’ irrigation is generally followed in the country—
(A) Israel (B) America
(C) Australia (D) Japan (Ans : A)
67. The area of an acre is—
(A) 0.40 (B) 0.80
(C) 1.10 (D) None of these (Ans : D)
68. One centimetre is equal to—
(A) 5 mm (B) 10 mm
(C) 15 mm (D) None of these (Ans : B)
69. The draft of ‘Victory plough’ is—
(A) 80-100 kg (B) 40-50 kg
(C) 70-80 kg (D) 10-20 kg (Ans : A)
70. How much horsepower (h.p.) is in one kW (Kilowatt) ?
(A) 1.34 (B) 1.90
(C) 2.00 (D) 3.80 (Ans : A)
71. Which type of saw, used for cutting round shape in hole ?
(A) Fret saw (B) Penal saw
(C) Tenon saw (D) Key hole saw (Ans : D)
72.‘Draw-Knife’is used for—
(A) To fit galua in grinder (B) Making round the corners of wood
(C) Smoothing the base of wood (D) Sharping teeth of saw (Ans : B)
73. The tool used for making deep pit in wood is—
(A) Adge (B) Saw
(C) Draw knife (D) Chisel (Ans : D)
74. The main work of ‘scrapper‘ is—
(A) For cutting the wood (B) For scrapping the wood
(C) For smoothing the wood (D) All of the above (Ans : C)
75. ‘File’ is used for—
(A) Scrapping the wood (B) Cutting the wood
(C) Forcing the wood (D) Making equal by scrapping the wood (Ans : D)
76. The type of file is generally—
(A) Round (B) Triangular
(C) Flate (D) Above all types (Ans : D)
77. In India, under canal net-work system of irrigation, generally, how much amount of water is allowed to run in small canal ?
(A) Less than 4 cusec (B) Less than 10 cusec
(C) Between 15 to 20 cusec (D) Between 25 to 30 cusec (Ans : B)
78. Method of irrigation is—
(A) Surface irrigation (B) Sprinkler irrigation
(C) Drip irrigation (D) All of these (Ans : D)
79. TheTorque—a power to generate revolutions is expressed as (its unit is kg metre) —
(A) Length of arm (m) x Force (kg) (B) Length of arm (cm) x Force (kg)
(C) Length of arm (m) x Force (g) (D) Length of arm (rom) x Force (mg) (Ans : A)
80.Work is expressed by the formula as—
(A) Work = Force (kg) x Distance (m) (B) Work = Force (g) x Distance (m)
(C) Work = Force (mg) x Distance (m) (D) Work = Force (kg) x Distance (cm) (Ans : A)
81. The length of ‘Engineer chain’ is—
(A) 100 ft (B) 80 ft
(C) 20 ft (D) None of these (Ans : A)
82. The length of ‘Gunter chain’ is—
(A) 66 ft (B) 100 ft
(C) 20 ft (D) 90 ft (Ans : A)
83. Brace machine is used for—
(A) Making hole in wood (B) Scrapping the wood
(C) For smoothing the wood (D) None of these (Ans : A)
84. Which one machine/tool is not used in making holes in wood ?
(A) Ordinary drill (B) Hand drill
(C) Pincer (D) Twist bit (Ans : C)
85. ‘Bar cramp’ is a tool of—
(A) Woodcutting (B) Catching tightly wood
(C) Beating tool (D) Smoothing tool (Ans : B)
86. Nail (Keel) pulling is done by—
(A) Claw-hammer (B) Pincer
(C) Plier (D) All of these Ans : (E)
87. ‘Forging’ is said—
(A) Heating the iron (B) Beating the hot iron
(C) Converting into desired shape by beating the iron (D) Beating iron and making hole in it (Ans : C)
88. ‘Anvil’ (Nihai) is used for—
(A) Beating the iron on keeping over this (B) By beating iron through this
(C) Heating iron through handling this (D) Cooling of hot iron (Ans : A)
89. Fire is pulled-up through—
(A) Poker (B) Sewage block
(C) Showel (D) Anvil (Ans : A)
90. A three-time furrow plough is ploughing at a speed of 2 km/hr and the each furrow size is 20 cm wide and 12 cm deep furrow. How much time, it would require to plough 5 hectare land ?
(A) 41 hours 40 minutes (B) 40 hours 55 minutes
(C) 20 hours 55 minutes (D) None of these (Ans : A)
91. If a gear ‘A’, having 50 teeth and running at a speed of 200 r.p.m. is driving to another gear ‘B’ having 125 r.p.m. How many number of teeth in gear’ B’ ?
(A) 500 (B) 400
(C) 80 (D) 60 (Ans : C)
92. Animal driven cane planter is developed by—
(A) ICAR (B) CIAE
(C) IISR (D) IARI (Ans : C)
93. A 10 cm wide belt is running at a speed of 900 r.p.m. If the 15 H. P. is available, then how much plies of belt ?
(A) 3 (B) 10
(C) 6 (D) 4 (Ans : D)
94. How much width belt would be needed if 20 H. P. is to be transferred through a belt of 10 plies, where speed of belt is 1460 r.p.m. ?
(A) 4 cm (B) 8 cm
(C) 5 cm (D) 6 cm (Ans : B)
95. Manpower is considered equal to how much horsepower (h.p.) ?
(A) 0.1 (B) 0.2
(C) 0.3 (D) 0.4 (Ans : A)
96. The roller of cane-crusher is made-up of which steel ?
(A) Cast iron (B) Gunmetal
(C) High carbon steel (D) Wrought iron (Ans : A)
97. The tool use for catching (handling) the claw and turning it hither and thither during beating is called—
(A) Sewage block (B) Chisel
(C) Plier (D) Tongs (Ans : D)
98. Punches are of—
(A) Two types (B) Three types
(C) Four types (D) Several types (Ans : B)
99. Agricultural tractors are generally having horsepower (h.p.) —
(A) 20-50 (B) 50-70
(C)10-15 (D) 20-25 (Ans : A)
100. ‘Sledge’ is used to—
(A) Lift heavy material (B) Fire furnace
(C) Cut the iron in cold condition (D) Cut the iron in hot condition (Ans : A)