Online exam preparation general awareness question-answer set for IBPS exam targeted students. Important for Bank PO Exam practice or preparation. Candidates preparing for IBPS PO and Clerk exams can prepare for the upcoming examination through the General Awareness solved Question Paper given below. For the preparation of the bank, the study material has been presented in the wide range on this website. So get the study material regularly to get this website bookmarked.
Bank PO Exam Sample Question Paper:
1.Which one of the following commissions recommended the setting up of a Public Service Commission (PSC) for recruitment of personnel to the Public Service in India?
(A) Simon Commission (B) Lee Commission
(C) Atlee Commission (D) Radcliff Commission
Answer: Lee Commission
2. When Raja Wodeyar founded the Kingdom of Mysore, who was the ruler of the Vijayanagar Empire?
(A) Sadasiva (B) Tirumala
(C) Ranga II (D) Venkata II
Answer: Venkata II
3. Pattadakal group of monuments are located in which one of the following States?
(A) Bihar (B) Odisha
(C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Karnataka
4. The foreign traveler whose account does not throw light on the history of the Sultanate is–
(A) Ibn Batuta (B) Marco Polo
(C) Abdur Razzaq (D) Athanasius Nikitin
5. Fawazil in the Sultanate period means–
(A) extra payment made to the nobles(B) revenue assigned in lieu of salary
(C) excess amount paid to the exchequer by the iqtadars (D) illegal exactions extracted from the peasants
Answer: excess amount paid to the exchequer by the iqtadars
6. Which one of the following Indian States does not share a border with Bhutan?
(A) Sikkim (B) Meghalaya
(C) Paschim Banga (D) Arunachal Pradesh
7. For which one of the following is Lamba in Gujarat, famous?
(A) Cultivation of oil-yielding plants (B) Wind power plant
(C) Oil refinery (D) Uranium enrichment plant
Answer: Wind power plant
8. Which one among the following parts of castor seed yields oil?
(A) Nucellus (B) Caruncle
(C) Endosperm (D) Cotyledon
9. The most advanced evolutionary in fluorescent is found in–
(A) Dahlia (B) Calotropis
(C) Salvia (D) Yucca
10. Which among the following is not a ‘geographical indicator’?
(A) Kani Shawl (B) Naga Mircha
(C) Mysore Silk (D) Darjeeling Basmati
Answer: Darjeeling Basmati
11. The decadal growth of population for India as whole declined from ….. in 1981-91 to ….. in 2001-11–
(A) 23. 87, 17. 61 (B) 17. 61, 10. 61
(C) 20. 87, 10. 61 (D) 17. 00, 9. 61
Answer: 23. 87, 17. 61
12. The ratio of organic matter to inorganic matter in the cell is–
(A) 1 : 9 (B) 10 : 5
(C) 9 : 1 (D) 5 : 10
Answer: 9 : 1
13. The provision of amending the Constitutional Provision is given in–
(A) Part XIX Article 356 (B) Part XX Article 356
(C) Part XX Article 368 (D) Part XIX Article 368
Answer: Part XX Article 368
14. Relics of Buddha are preserved in a–
(A) Vihara (B) Chaitya
(C) Stupa (D) Monastery
15. June 21 is the longest day of the year for those living in the Northern hemisphere. What is the shortest day of the year for those living in the Southern hemisphere?
(A) March 21 (B) September 21
(C) December 21 (D) June 21
Answer: March 21
16. Which one of the following is correct?
Great bear is a
(A) galaxy (B) planet
(C) star (D) constellation
17. Which of the following could be Digital input devices for computers?
(A) Digital camcorder (B) Microphone
(C) Scanner (D) All of these
Answer: All of these
18. The Rani Jhansi Regiment, the Women’s Regiment of Azad Hind Fauj, was under whose command?
(A) Usha Mehta (B) Anne Mascarene
(C) Aruna Asaf Ali (D) Lakshmi Sehgal
Answer: Lakshmi Sehgal
19. The highest body that approves Five Year Plans in India is–
(A) Planning Commission (B) National Development Council
(C) Interstate Council (D) Union Cabinet
Answer: National Development Council
20. Venugopal Dhoot is associated with which one of the following?
(A) Suzlon (B) Videocon
(C) Ranbaxy (D) Maruti Udyog
21. The practice of monoculture is not favored in farming because–
(A) it leads to a glut in production (B) it causes a fall in prices of farm produce
(C) it is susceptible to diseases (D) it is not suited for small holdings
Answer: it causes a fall in prices of farm produce
22. The immediate political factor which gave way to the rise of the Marathas was–
(A) Aurangzeb’s viceroyalty in the Deccan (B) Mughal offensive against Bijapur and Golconda
(C) annexation of Ahmadnagar by the Mughals (D) repeated failures of the Mughals against the Deccani states
Answer: annexation of Ahmadnagar by the Mughals
23. Economic Planning is in–
(A) Union List (B) State List
(C) Concurrent List (D) None of these
Answer: Concurrent List
24. Under the Indian Constitution, the Comptroller and Auditor General is–
(A) responsible only to the executive head (B) responsible to both Parliament and the executive
(C) responsible to only Parliament (D) independent of both Parliament and the executive
Answer: responsible to the only Parliament
25. The part of Delhi where Qutbuddin Aibak laid the foundation of the first so-called “Seven cities” of medieval Delhi was–
(A) Siri (B) Tughlaqabad
(C) Mehrauli (D) Hauz Khas