Important GK preparation for IBPS/ PO and clerk exam preparation. Online study material and sample solved question paper for preparation of Bank PO examination. Aspirant can also check other sample paper set to given links or this website.
PO Exam Preparation Sample Paper:
1.The Present Service Tax rate is—
(A) 10% (B) 12%
(C) 11..35% (D) 14%
2. The working of SEBI includes—
(A) To regulate the dealings of share market
(B) To check the foul dealings in share market
(C) To control the inside trading of shares
(D) All of these
3. The birth rate and death rate for the year 2006 have been estimated as—
(A) 26·2 and 8·1 per thousand respectively
(B) 24·8 and 8·0 per thousand respectively
(C) 23·8 and 7·6 per thousand respectively
(D) 23·5 and 7·5 per thousand respectively
4. Which committee recommended tax on Agriculture Holdings ?
(A) Bhootlingam Committee (B) Wanchoo Committee
(C) Raj Committee (D) None of these
5. Central Issue price of foodgrains under TPDS includes price for BPL and APL (below poverty line and above poverty line). What is the difference between the two ?
(A) Price for APL is double of BPL price
(B) Price for BPL is one-third of APL price
(C) Difference of Rs. 500 per Qt.
(D) Difference of Rs. 250 per Qt.
6. Fiscal deficit as a percentage of GDP was 4·0% in 2004–05 which increased in 2009–10 (Budget Estimates) to—
(A) 5·0% (B) 5·1%
(C) 6·8% (D) 6·0%
7. The ‘Ad hoc Treasury Bill System’ of meeting budget deficit in India was replaced by ‘Ways and Means ‘Advances System’ which has come into force on—
(A) March 31, 1997 (B) April 1, 1996
(C) April 1, 1997 (D) None of these
8. Which is the first Export Processing Zone declared as Free Trade Zone in India ?
(A) Kandla (B) Noida
(C) Santacruz (D) Falta
9. CAPART is related with—
(A) Assisting and evaluating rural welfare programmes
(B) Computer hardware
(C) Consultant service of export promotion
(D) Controlling pollution in big industries
10. The cause of deflation is—
(A) Lack of goods and services as compared to money supply
(B) Lack of imports as compared to exports
(C) Lack of money supply as compared to supply of goods and services
(D) None of these
11. Ad hoc Treasury Bill System of meeting budget deficit in India was abolished on—
(A) 31 March, 1997 (B) 31 March, 1996
(C) 1 April, 1992 (D) 1 April, 1995
12. TRAI has abolished ADC (Access Deficit Charge) on all types of calls w.e.f.—
(A) April 1, 2008
(B) April 30, 2008
(C) August 30, 2008
(D) October 30, 2008
13. Which of the following is a better measure of economic development ?
(A) Employment (B) Size of exports
(C) Rural consumption (D) National Income
14. Which of the following is public sector organisation ?
(1) FCI Food Corporation of India
(2) FCI Fertilizer Corporation of India
(3) Cotton Corporation of India
(4) Jute Corporation of India
(A) Only 1 and 2
(B) Only 2, 3
(C) Only 3, 4
(D) All of these
15. Which statement of the following is true for IMF ?
(A) It is not an agency of UNO
(B) It can grant loan to any country of the world
(C) It can grant loan to state Govt. of a country
(D) It grants loan only to member nations
16. For RIDF-XIV, allocation in Union Budget 2008-09 was—
(A) Rs. 16000 crore (B) Rs. 12000 crore
(C) Rs. 10000 crore (D) Rs. 14000 crore
17. What growth target government has estimated for the domestic crude production for the 11th Plan (2007–12) ?
(A) 42% (B) 33%
(C) 29% (D) 26%
18. Rural women can avail the benefit of Mahila Samriddhi Yojana if they open their account in—
(A) Rural Post Offices (B) Commercial Banks
(C) Rural Development Bank (D) Any of the above
19. Agriculture sector registered 4·9% growth in 2007-08 and it is estimated for year 2008-09 at—
(A) Again 4·5% (B) 4·3%
(C) 3·3% (D) 1·6%
20. As per the third advanced estimates of Agricultural Production for the year 2008-09 released by the Ministry of Agriculture, total foodgrain’s production has been estimated at—
(A) 240·78 million tonne (B) 230·78 million tonne
(C) 227·88 million tonne (D) 229·85 million tonne
21. Mistry Committee in its final report recommends full capital account convertibility by—
(A) 2008 end (B) 2009 end
(C) 2010 end (D) 2011 end
22. Note issuing deptt. of RBI should always possess the minimum gold stock of worth—
(A) Rs. 85 crore (B) Rs. 115 crore
(C) Rs. 200 crore (D) None of these
23. Which of the following does not grant any tax rebate ?
(A) National Saving Certificate (B) Indira Vikas Patra
(C) National Saving Scheme (D) Public Providend Fund
24. Which day has been declared as ‘Balika Diwas’ (Girl Day) by the Ministry of Woman and Children Development ?
(A) April 5, every year (B) July 9, every year
(C) October 9, every year (D) December 9, every year
25. SEBI was established in—
(A) 1993 (B) 1992
(C) 1988 (D) 1990