Bank PO General Awareness sample question paper set-6 for banking exam preparation. Online exam preparation question-answer set for IBPS exam targeted students. It will also an important collection for others government competitive exams. You can also check here latest General awareness and previous year General awareness solved paper of IBPS, SBI and other Banking exams.
PO General Awareness Sample Solved Paper:
1.Which one of the following is an issue about which a Governor cannot make a recommendation to the President?
(A) Dismissal of the State Council of Ministers
(B) Removal of the Judges of the High Court
(C) Dissolution of the State Legislative Assembly
(D) Declaration of breakdown of the constitutional machinery in the State
Answer: Removal of the Judges of the High Court
2. Administrative Tribunals in India cannot undermine the rule of law because they–
(A) dispense quick and cheap justice (B) are manned by senior bureaucrats
(C) devise their own flexible procedures (D) are regulated by the Act of Parliament
Answer: are regulated by the Act of Parliament
3. From East to West, which one of the following sequence of cities of Canada is correct?
(A) Quebec – Montreal – Ottawa – Toronto (B) Montreal-Quebec – Ottawa – Toronto
(C) Quebec – Montreal – Toronto – Ottawa (D) Montreal-Quebec – Toronto – Ottawa
Answer: Quebec – Montreal – Ottawa – Toronto
4. The State of Jammu and Kashmir was accorded special status under–
(A) Article 356 of the Constitution (B) Article 370 of the Constitution
(C) Articles 356 and 370 of the Constitution (D) None of the above
Answer: Article 370 of the Constitution
5. India is comparatively not rich in which one of the following minerals compared to the other three?
(A) Bauxite (B) Copper
(C) Iron (D) Manganese
6. Which one of the following countries is the largest producer of fuel wood in the world?
(A) Indonesia (B) Russia
(C) India (D) China
7. The plasma membrane of animal cells is highly elastic. It is mainly due to the presence of–
(A) carbohydrates (B) proteins
(C) lipids (D) nucleic acids
8. Round dance of honey bee is mainly used to pass the information when–
(A) source of food is near the hive (B) source of food is far away from the hive
(C) source of enemy is detected (D) None of the above
Answer: source of food is near the hive
9. Which one of the following is the function of the Finance Commission?
(A) Preparation of the Central Budget
(B) Assessing income tax proceeds
(C) Determining the principles governing grants-in-aid to states
(D) Exercising control over government expenditures
Answer: Determining the principles governing grants-in-aid to states
10. The objective of the new policy of’ Council entry’ proposed by the Swarajists was–
(A) to give a trial to the Government of India Act, 1919
(B) to wreck the reforms from within by “uniform, consistent and continuous obstruction”
(C) to provide better and efficient administration
(D) to expose the “no changers”
11. The Governor of which State has been vested with special powers regarding scheduled tribal areas?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh (B) Asom
(C) Maharashtra (D) Pachim Banga
12. About two-thirds of Canada’s population is concentrated in the St Lawrence basin and Ontario peninsula on account of–
(A) their closeness to the US border (B) history of settlement
(C) concentration of economic activities and facility of transport (D) their easy accessibility to Western Europe
Answer: concentration of economic activities and facility of transport
13. Who was Paul Samuelson?
(A) First American to win Nobel in Economics (B) Legendary politician of USA
(C) Noted journalist (D) All of the above
Answer: First American to win Nobel in Economics
14. The organ of the corti is found in which part of the human body?
(A) Internal ear (B) Middle ear
(C) External ear (D) None of these
Answer: Internal ear
15. Where were the Ghadar revolutionaries, who became active during the outbreak of the World War I based?
(A) Central America (B) North America
(C) West America (D) South America
Answer: North America
16. The Ravva offshore block, with great potential for oil, is located in–
(A) Krishna-Godavari Basin (B) Cauveri Basin
(C) Mahanadi Basin (D) Palar-Pennar Basin
Answer: Krishna-Godavari Basin
17. The Hunter Commission was appointed after the–
(A) Black-hole incident (B) Jallianwala Bagh massacre
(C) Uprising of 1857 (D) Partition of Bengal
Answer: Jallianwala Bagh massacre
18. The function of antennae found in cockroach is–
(A) gustatory receptor (B) olfactory receptor
(C) tactile and sensory receptor (D) auditory receptor
Answer: tactile and sensory receptor
19. Planning in India drew on–
(A) the New Economic Programme of Lenin (B) the Fabian Socialism of Sidney and Beatrice Web
(C) the British welfare mechanism (D) new democratic development packages
Answer: the New Economic Programme of Lenin
20. With which religion is Kaivalya associated?
(A) Buddhism (B) Jainism
(C) Hiduism (D) Sikhism
21. Yellow cells or chloragogen cells surrounding the intestine of Earthworm performs the function of–
(A) respiration (B) reproduction
(C) excretion (D) secretion
22. Which one of the following statements about Comptroller and Auditor General of India is not correct?
(A) He has no direct access to the Parliament and no minister can represent him
(B) His salary and emoluments are chargeable on the Consolidated Fund of India
(C) He cannot disallow any expenditure which in his opinion violates the constitution
(D) He has been debarred from holding any office of profit under the Union or State Governments after his retirement
Answer: He cannot disallow any expenditure which in his opinion violates the constitution
23. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(A) The statue of Gomateshwara at Sravanabelagola represents the last Tirthankara of Jains
(B) India’s largest Buddhist monastery is in Arunachal Pradesh
(C) The Khajuraho temples were built under Chandela kings
(D) The Hoysalesvara temple is dedicated to Siva
24. Which of the following hormones is involved in the formation and maturation of RBCs?
(A) Estrone (B) Erythropoietin
(C) Thyroxine (D) Parathormone
25. Who among the following was the first Law Minister of India?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru (B) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(C) Dr BR Ambedkar (D) T Krishnamachari
Answer: Dr BR Ambedkar