Computer general knowledge (GK) Online Tayari for Bank P.O. and Clerk exam preparation. Given below is 50 important question and answer for preparation of Banking exam like- IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS specialist officer, SBI probationary officer, SBI Clerk, SBI specialist officer (SO) and other banking exam preparation. The computer is one most subject of banking exam. Candidate can higher score in the computer if you preparation regularly through the mock test and other important notes. We also sharing here other valuable links for preparation of Computer knowledge and online mock test or quiz test. You must bookmark this page if you want regularly preparation online of competitive exams.
Computer GK Updates
Computer GK Sample Solved Question Paper:
1. A ____________ is approximately a million bytes.
(A) gigabyte (B) kilobyte (C) megabyte (D) terabyte
2. ____________ tags, when placed on an animal, can be used to record and track in a database all of the animal’s movements.
(A) POS (B) RFID (C) PPS (D) GPS
3. The steps and tasks needed to process data, such as responses to questions or clicking an icon, are called:
(A) instructions. (B) The operating system. (C) application software. (D) The system unit.
4. ____________ is any part of the computer that you can physically touch.
(A) Hardware (B) A device (C) A peripheral (D) An application
5. The components that process data are located in the:
(A) input devices. (B) output devices. (C) system unit. (D) storage component.
6. The two broad categories of software are:
(A) word processing and spreadsheet. (B) transaction and application.
(C) Windows and Mac OS. (D) system and application.
7. ____________ is the study of molecules and structures whose size ranges from 1 to 100 nanometers.
(A) Nanoscience (B) Microelectrodes (C) Computer forensics (D) Artificial intelligence
8. ____________ is the science that attempts to produce machines that display the same type of intelligence that human does.
(A) Nanoscience (B) Nanotechnology (C) Simulation (D) Artificial intelligence (AI)
Answer : D
9. ____________ is data that has been organized or presented in a meaningful fashion.
(A) A process (B) Software (C) Storage (D) Information
10. The name for the way that computers manipulate data into information is called:
(A) programming. (B) processing. (C) storing. (D) organizing.
11. Computers gather data, which means that they allow users to ____________ data.
(A) present (B) input (C) output (D) store
12. Surgeons can perform delicate operations by manipulating devices through computers instead of manually. This technology is known as:
(A) robotics. (B) computer forensics. (C) simulation. (D) forecasting.
13. Technology no longer protected by copyright, available to everyone, is considered to be:
(A) proprietary. (B) open. (C) experimental. (D) in the public domain.
14. ____________ are specially designed computer chips that reside inside other devices, such as your car or your electronic thermostat.
(A) Servers (B) Embedded computers (C) Robotic computers (D) Mainframes
15. After a picture has been taken with a digital camera and processed appropriately, the actual print of the picture is considered:
(A) data. (B) output. (C) input. (D) the process.
16. Computers use the ____________ language to process data.
(A) processing (B) kilobyte (C) binary (D) representational
17. Computers process data into information by working exclusively with:
(A) multimedia. (B) words. (C) characters. (D) numbers.
Answer : D
18. In the binary language each letter of the alphabet, each number, and each special character is made up of a unique combination of:
(A) eight bytes. (B) eight kilobytes. (C) eight characters. (D) eight bits.
Answer : D
19. The term bit is short for:
(A) megabyte. (B) binary language. (C) binary digit. (D) binary number.
20. A string of eight 0s and 1s is called a:
(A) megabyte. (B) byte. (C) kilobytes (D) gigabyte.
21. All of the following are examples of storage devices EXCEPT:
(A) hard disk drives. (B) printers. (C) floppy disk drives. (D) CD drives.
22. The ____________, also called the “brains” of the computer, is responsible for processing data.
(A) motherboard (B) memory (C) RAM (D) central processing unit (CPU)
Answer : D
23. The CPU and memory are located on the:
(A) expansion board (D) (B) motherboard. (C) storage device (D) output device
24. ____________ is the science revolving around the use of nanostructures to build devices on an extremely small scale.
(A) Nanotechnology (B) Micro-technology (C) Computer forensics (D) Artificial intelligence
25. Which of the following is the correct order of the four major functions of a computer?
(A) Process à Output à Input à Storage (B) Input à Outputà Process à Storage
(C) Process à Storage à Input à Output (D) Input à Process à Output à Storage
26. ____________ bits equal one byte.
(A) Eight (B) Two (C) One thousand (D) One million
27. The binary language consists of ____________ digit(s).
(A) 8 (B) 2 (C) 1,000 (D) 1
28. Word processing, spreadsheet, and photo-editing are examples of:
(A) application software. (B) system software. (C) operating system software. (D) platform software.
29. Which of the following is NOT one of the four major data processing functions of a computer?
(A) gathering data (B) processing data into information
(C) analyzing the data or information (D) storing the data or information
30. ____________ controls the way in which the computer system functions and provides a means by which users can interact with the computer.
(A) The platform (B) The operating system (C) Application software (D) The motherboard
31. The operating system is the most common type of ____________ software.
(A) communication (B) application (C) system (D) word-processing software
32. The metal or plastic case that holds all the physical parts of the computer is the:
(A) system unit. (B) CPU. (C) mainframe. (D) platform.
33. ____________ is a set of computer programs used on a computer to help perform tasks.
(A) An instruction (B) Software (C) Memory (D) A processor
34. System software is the set of programs that enable your computer’s hardware devices and ____________ software to work together.
(A) management (B) processing (C) utility (D) application
35. A ____________ is approximately one billion bytes.
(A) kilobyte (B) bit (C) gigabyte (D) megabyte
36. All of the following are examples of input devices EXCEPT a:
(A) scanner. (B) mouse. (C) keyboard (D) (D) printer.
37. Which of the following is an example of an input device?
(A) scanner (B) speaker (C) CD (D) printer
38. The PC (personal computer) and the Apple Macintosh are examples of two different:
(A) platforms. (B) applications. (C) programs. (D) storage devices.
39. Apple Macintoshes (Macs) and PCs use different ____________ to process data and different operating systems.
(A) languages (B) methods (C) CPUs (D) storage devices
40. Servers are computers that provide resources to other computers connected to a:
(A) network. (B) mainframe. (C) supercomputer. (D) client.
41. Smaller and less expensive PC-based servers are replacing ____________ in many businesses.
(A) supercomputers (B) clients (C) laptops (D) mainframes
Answer : D
42. ____________ are specially designed computers that perform complex calculations extremely rapidly.
(A) Servers (B) Supercomputers (C) Laptops (D) Mainframes
43. DSL is an example of a(n) ____________ connection.
(A) network (B) wireless (C) slow (D) broadband
Answer : D
44. The difference between people with access to computers and the Internet and those without this access is known as the:
(A) digital divide. (B) Internet divide. (C) Web divide. (D) broadband divide.
45. A byte can hold one ____________ of data.
(A) bit (B) binary digit (C) character (D) kilobyte
46. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks EXCEPT:
(A) hackers. (B) spam. (C) viruses. (D) identity theft.
47. A process known as ____________ is used by large retailers to study trends.
(A) data mining (B) data selection (C) POS (D) data conversion
48. ____________terminals (formerly known as cash registers) are often connected to complex inventory and sales computer systems.
(A) Data (B) Point-of-sale (POS) (C) Sales (D) Query
49. A (n) ____________ system is a small, wireless handheld computer that scan an item’s tag and pulls up the current price (and any special offers) as you shop.
(A) PSS (B) POS (C) inventory (D) data mining
50. The ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminal’s computer is an example of a law enforcement specialty called:
(A) robotics. (B) simulation. (C) computer forensics. (D) animation.
Answer : C