Important tips for preparing for an English paper in SSC CGL Examination are being given in this article. If you are preparing for SSC CGL exam then read this article carefully and prepare for your exam according to the instructions given. English paper is an important subject in the SSC CGL Tier-II examination, through which you can increase your score. Type’s of English questions asked Topic wise in SSC CGL Tier-2 (Mains) examinations as the trend in last 3 yrs. In SSC CGL Tier II Exam, there are mainly two papers first is Quantitative Aptitude with 100 questions the other one is English containing of 200 questions. The best method of preparation for English paper is topic wise preparation tips.
- 1 How to Prepare English for SSC CGL Main Exam?
- 1.1 Focus and learn English grammar Rule Mainly:
- 1.2 Learn One-word substitution in English Paper:
- 1.3 On Changing Pattern of SSC CGL and the Enhance Merit at Final Stage has Forced All Aspirants to Change Their Strategy:
- 1.4 How to Score Above 280 Marks in the English Language?
How to Prepare English for SSC CGL Main Exam?
- Error in one of part of sentence – 20
- One word substitutions – 10
- Idioms and phrase – 10
- Improvement of sentences – 20
- Fill in the blank in sentences – 10
- Synonyms and antonyms – 10
- PQRS – arrangement of jumbled sentences – 20
- Close Set- Fill in the blanks in a paragraph – 20
- Active and passive voice of different types of sentence – 25
- Direct and indirect of different types of sentences – 25
- Comprehension – A paragraph and followed by questions – 20
Focus and learn English grammar Rule Mainly:
A student can mainly focus on English grammar rule like- Articles, noun, pronoun, adjective, adverb, Prepositions and conjunctions, Question Tag, Types of Sentences, Condition sentences, Tenses, Active and Passive voice and Direct and indirect.
Learn One-word substitution in English Paper:
It will help you in building up of English vocabulary in an easy way and help in understanding meaning of sentences and comprehension.
Idioms and Phrases:
It will help you to the improvement of developing English sentences, fill in the blanks, PQRS type questions, and compression. There are giving another topic for English preparation.
- Practice on Tenses, Active and passive voice and Direct and Indirect narrations.
- Improve vocabulary by focusing on a complete book on word power and learn those words permanently.
- If you are well prepared in all above then you can solve the question of English paragraph, fill in the blanks, improvement of sentences and PQRS.
- Reading English Newspaper or English Books / Novels / Magazines. It will help you in Comprehension, PQRS, Fill in the blanks Questions. It will help you in reading fast with quick understanding and use of grammatical rules.
- Take-Two practice set of English Model test paper for 2 hrs each in the environment as you are in the examination Hall.
How many marks do you need in SSC CGL Exam to Get Final selection as per last three years trend?
Here are average marks of final selection trend in SSC CGL exam to last three years. The student can prepare according to last years trend for final selection. English preparation is most one of them.
|Sr.No.||Category||SSC CGL Tier I||SSC CGL TIER II||Total|
|.1||Gen||Above 120||Above 300||Above 430|
|2.||OBC||Above 100||Above 300||Above 400|
|3.||ST/SC||Above 90||Above 280||Above 370|
On Changing Pattern of SSC CGL and the Enhance Merit at Final Stage has Forced All Aspirants to Change Their Strategy:
When you analyze the SSC CGL new examination pattern and final merit of SSC CGL examination than you notice a rapid change in the level of questions and marks obtained by the appearing student has been increased to a high level after SSC CGL 12 examination. One thing has precisely observed that students have to score more than 120 marks in Tier 1, more than 330 marks in tier 2 (both in Maths and English) total summed 450 plus out of 600 can make changes to get selected in top post categorized by SSC CGL examination.
After this straight change, the students have to change their approach of doing the study. they should have to focus on only the syllabus of the examination. I have been observing this examination for the last five years. What I have observed is that SSC has asked a question from its previous year papers. So if you go through previous years papers profoundly it will help you in enhancing your marks in each tier of the examination.
To clear SSC CGL, you must be above average in English and Maths so that you can score above 160 plus in mains examination. This is clear-cut stated that if you are not able to score around these marks than you are not going to be on top of the job provided by the SSC.
How to Score Above 280 Marks in the English Language?
English subject in SSC examination covers 350 marks (tier 1-50, tier 2-200 and tier 3-100) which means it is going to affect your final merit in the examination. Now our aim should be how to score more marks in English. The following sections are asked in English paper-
- To find error in sentences +improvement of sentences = these questions can be solved if you have understood and learned the English grammar i.e. correct use of part of speech, tenses, narration, active and passive
- One word substitution + idioms and phrases+ synonyms + antonyms + comprehension passage + fill in the blanks + close test + arrangement of sentences PQRS = these question can be easily solved if only focus on your vocabulary portion i.e. memorizing English words. If your English word power is higher than you can solve all these questions without any difficulty.
- Direct and indirect narration + active and passive voice = these question can be solved by understanding and learn correct uses of tense and types of sentences.
For improving English vocabulary learn one-word substitution, idioms, and phrases and words from English newspaper. Revise them again and again. You will find after few month your English score has been improved.
- SSC CGL Mains (Tier-2) Exam Preparation Strategy for Maths
- General Science Preparation Questions Answer
- Sentence Arrangement Question Answer Download