Download General Awareness model question paper for SSC CGL exam preparation. Here are 25 General Awareness questions with answers giving for government exam preparation. Candidate can download this question paper in pdf format. It will important for the preparation of IBPS, RRB, UPSC, SSC, and others government exams. If you are going to participate in the SSC CGL exam, then through the important link given below you can make a good preparation of the “General Awareness” Paper for the said examination. General Awareness in SSC CGL is a subject which is asked Tier One and Tier-II, both examinations. Through this question paper, you can increase the score of your exam.
SSC CGL General Awareness Sample Question Paper:
1.Which one of the following is not a function of the central bank in an economy?
(A) Dealing with foreign exchange
(B) Controlling monetary policy
(C) Controlling government spending
(D) Acting as a banker’s bank
2. Through which, principal/device did Mahatma Gandhi strive to bridge economic inequalities?
(A) Abolition of machinery
(B) Establishment of village industries
(C) Adoption of non-violence
(D) Trusteeship theory
3. Golden Revolution refers to–
4. Which one of the following is a major port on the East Coast of India?
(D) Pondicherry (Puducherry)
5. Who said that “Oh! Disrespectable democracy! I love you!”?
(A) G. B. Shaw
(C) Lord Bryce
(D) Appa Dorai
6. The member-states of the U.N.O. have delegated the primary responsibility for maintaining world peace and security to the–
(A) General Assembly
(B) Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
(C) Security Council
(D) International Court of Justice
7. The adoption of High Yielding Variety Programme in Indian Agriculture started in–
8. ‘Brown Revolution’ is–
(A) Growth of fodder industry
(B) Growth of sea products
(C) Growth of milk and milk products
(D) Growth of food processing and soft drinks industries in India
Answer: To encourage tribal people to grow socially responsible and environmentally friendly coffee to cater to the demand from developed countries.
9. The total value of goods and services produced in a country during a given period is–
(A) Disposable income
(B) National income
(C) Per capita income
(D) Net national income
10. The three-tier Panchayat Raj System in India was proposed by the–
(A) Balwant Rai Mehta Committee
(B) Ashok Mehta Committee
(C) Royal Commission
(D) None of the above
11. Under which Article of the Constitution is the President’s Rule introduced in a State due to the failure of the constitutional machinery?
12. Mechanization of Indian agriculture on a considerable scale is not possible due to–
(A) Small holdings
(B) Lack of tractors
(C) Poverty of the peasants
(D) Indifference of the people
13. Which one of the following was the last Buddhist text produced in India?
(A) Divya Vandana
14. ‘Cod’ is a variety of–
15. A large number of identical plants can be obtained in a short span of time through–
(A) Large number of seeds of a single plant
(B) Stem cuttings
(C) Tissue culture technique
(D) Hydroponics method
16. The smallest flowering plant is–
17. Leukaemia or blood cancer is characterized by abnormal increase of the–
(A) Red blood cells
(B) White blood cells
(C) Blood platelets
(D) Blood plasma
18. The total number of bones in our body is–
19. The poison of honey bee is–
20. Who translated Ramayana into Persian?
(A) Abul Fazl
(C) Abdul Latif
(D) Isar Das
21. Arthasastra was written by–
22. When did India join the International Tsunami Warning System?
23. Which one of the following was the first English ship that came to India?
(C) Red Dragon
24. The All India Muslim League was founded by–
(A) Maulana Ahmed Ali
(B) Mohammad Ali Jinnah
(C) Agha Khan
(D) Hakim Ajmal Khan
25. The approximate circumference of the Earth is–
(A) 13,000 km
(B) 20,000 km
(C) 25,000 km
(D) 30,000 km
Through the above valuable link get online study material for SSC CGL General Awareness Preparation and through the given links check more model question paper for SSc CGL exam preparation.
Model question paper for SSC CGL:
- SSC LDC/DEO Exam 2012 Quiz Test
- SSC Sub-Inspector Exam 2012 General Awareness Quiz Test
- SSC CISF,CAPFs, & SI-DP 2012 Solved GK Question Paper
- SSC Stenographers exam 2012 General Awareness Solved Question Paper
- SSC Higher Secondary Level Exam 2012 General Awareness
- SSC JE Exam 2013 GK Question Paper
- SSC CGL 2014 General Awareness Solved Question Paper
- SSC Sub Inspector Exam GK Question Paper 2011
- SSC Graduate Level General Awareness Question Paper 2012
- SSC General Awareness Graduate Level Exam 2012