General Knowledge questions and Answers for preparation of UPSC, SSC, IBPS, RRB, IAS and others Government competitive exams. Readers can download GK and GS preparation set in pdf format. You can also find here more GK, GS, General Awareness, previous exam solved paper, Hindi Gk, GK question answer and current GK set.
- 1 GK Sample Paper for Exam Preparation:
- 1.1 History GK pdf Download Question Answer:
- 1.2 RRB Previous Year GK Question Paper PDF Download:
- 1.3 General Science GK question answer set:
- 1.4 General Knowledge Hindi Question Answer PDF Download:
- 1.5 General studies question and answer pdf download:
- 1.6 SSC CGL General Awareness Solved Question Paper PDF Download:
- 1.7 IBPS GK PDF Free download – Set 11:
- 1.8 GK pdf- General knowledge questions series:
GK Sample Paper for Exam Preparation:
1.Which is included in dairy equipments ?
(A) Threshers (B) Lactometer
(C) Cane Planter (D) Winnowers
2. The Fundamental Duties were incorporated in the Constitution of India by the—
(A) First Amendment (B) Tenth Amendment
(C) Thirty-second Amendment (D) Forty-second Amendment
Answer : D
3. The father of modern biology is—
(A) Aristotle (B) Darwin (C) Mendel (D) Vesalius
4. What does the letters XP stand for in the product Microsoft XP?
(A) Extended product (B) Extra Pampering
(C) Experience (D) Entry level product
5. Who is the famous author of the book What they don’t teach you at Harvard Business School?
(A) Stephen R Covey (B) Mack Mc-Cormak (C) John Love (D) None of these
6. Which country is the largest producer of natural rubber in the world?
(A) Malaysia (B) Indonesia (C) Thailand (D) Burma
7. What is common to Bethlehem Steel, Polaroid and Swissair?
(A) All companies owned by GE
(B) All recently applied for bankruptcy protection
(C) Their founders committed suicide
(D) All of these companies were recently targets of successful hostile takeover
8. Fire is pulled-up through—
(A) Poker (B) Sewage block
(C) Showel (D) Anvil
9. Which company owns the footwear brand – Stryde?
(A) Woodland (B) Bata (C) Tata International (D) Hindustan Lever
10. Which is the first Asian country to host the Commonwealth Games?
(A) S. Korea (B) Japan (C) Malaysia (D) China
11. What is the name of the instrument used to measure blood pressure?
(A) Barometer (B) Hygrometer (C) Hydrometer (D) Sphygmomanometer
Anonymous FTP is the—
(A) Internet file transfer protocol (B) Protocol that requires password
(C) None access files (D) None of these
12. The Ministers are individually responsible to–
(A) the President (B) the House of the People
(C) the Prime Minister (D) the House of which they are members
Answer: the President
13. Whose efforts led to the enactment of the Age of Consent Act, 1891?
(A) Dadabhai Naoroji (B) SS Bangalee
(C) Behramji M Malabari (D) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
Answer: Behramji M Malabari
14. The part of Delhi where Qutbuddin Aibak laid the foundation of the first so-called “Seven cities” of medieval Delhi was–
(A) Siri (B) Tughlaqabad
(C) Mehrauli (D) Hauz Khas
15. Cache memory is—
(A) Smaller and faster than main storage
(B) Bigger and slower then main storage
(C) Smaller but slower than main memory
(D) Bigger and faster than main memory
16. An earthquake epicentre is the–
(A) point where the seismograph is located
(B) point within the Earth where the movement along the fault occurs
(C) approximate centre of a group of related earthquakes
(D) point on the surface directly above where the rupture along the fault zone occurs
Answer: approximate centre of a group of related earthquakes
17. When a State Governor dies or resigns, who normally exercises his functions until a new Governor is appointed?
(A) Secretary General of the Governor (B) A person designated by State Cabinet
(C) Chief Justice of the High Court (D) Advocate General of the State
Answer: Chief Justice of the High Court
18. Which of the below commands displays the time on most Linux and Unix computers?
(A) Time (B) Date
(C) Timex (D) Now
19. The tax levied by Central Government and collected by State Government is ________
(A) Stamp Duty
(B) Excise Duty
(C) Income Tax
(D) Gift Tax
20. Who introduced the Banking Ombudsmen Scheme?
(C) Ministry of Finance
21. In which of the following continents the Andes Mountain Range is located ?
(A) Australia (B) Europe
(C) South America (D) North America
22. Where among the following is the biggest indoor stadium situated in M.P. ?
(A) Gwalior (B) Indore
(C) Bhopal (D) Jabalpur
23. In which country is Malala being treated ?
(A) Pakistan (B) Britain
(C) America (D) Germany
24. HTML stands for-
(A) Hybrid Text Markup Language
(B) Hypertext Markup Language
(C) Higher Text Markup Language
(D) None of the above
25. Which among the following is the most important source of information about the agrarian conditions during Mughals ?
26. What was the reason for the rejection of the Government of India Act, 1935 by the Congress?
(A) The Indians were not consulted
(B) It was stalling the establishment of people’s government
(C) The provisions made in the name provincial autonomy were violative of democratic rights
(D) All of the above
Answer : D
27. The partition of India was first hinted—
(A) at the II Round Table Conference
(B) in the Cripps Proposals
(C) in the Cabinet Mission Plan
(D) in the Mountbatten formula
28. The ‘Trusteeship Theory’ signifies—
(A) property as theft
(B) state ownership of means of production
(C) abolition of private property
(D) owners consider wealth ‘for society’
29. Which is the brightest star in the sky?
(A) Sirius (B) Alpha centauri
(C) Proxima centauri (D) Venus
30. ‘Dhamma’ or ‘Law of Piety’–
(A) had the essence of all religions
(B) was a revolt against inefficiency in the Buddhist Sangha.
(C) was a new religion which Ashoka founded
(D) laid emphasis on following a mild religious policy
31. The Profit and Loss of a Partnership concern is shared among the partners–
(A) equally (B) in agreed ratio
(C) in capital ratio (D) none of these
32. Whose opinions have revolutionised the scope of macro economics ?
(A) Adam Smith (B) J.B. Say
(C) J.M. Keynes (D) All of the above
33. Which is included in Capital budget ?
(A) Income received from public borrowings
(B) Income received from tax-sources
(C) Income received from non-tax sources
(D) All of the above
34. The Indian Constitution was amended for the first time in–
(A) 1953 (B) 1950
(C) 1951 (D) 1952
35. ‘Tripitaka’ is associated with which of the following ?
(A) Jains (B) Buddhists
(C) Sikhs (D) Hindus
36. Identify the incorrect combination among the following—
(A) Harappa and Grenary
(B) Mohen-jo-daro and the great bath
(C) Dholavira and single citadel
(D) Lothal and Dockyard
37. The Office-in-charge of collection of revenue in the Mauryan administration was—
38. On the recommendations of Kelkar Committee, no new RRB has been established since–
(A) April, 1987 (B) April, 1989
(C) April, 1990 (D) April, 1988
Answer: April, 1987
39. Which of the following is a ferromagnetic material?
(A) Nickel (C) Quartz
(B) Bismuth (D) Aluminium
40. The genes which confer antibiotic resistance to bacteria are located in–
(A) plasmid (B) nucleoid DNA
(C) RNA (D) cell wall
The sequence of the Great Lakes of USA from East to West is–
(A) Huron-Michigan-Ontario-Superior- Erie (B) Superior – Ontario – Erie – Michigan – Huron
(C) Ontario – Erie – Huron – Michigan – Superior (D) Erie – Huron – Michigan – Ontario – Superior
Answer:Superior – Ontario – Erie – Michigan – Huron
You have searched for General knowledge pdf download, general knowledge pdf, GK and GS PDF, General Knowledge for competitive exams, General Studies pdf, General Science pdf, previous exam like- SSC, UPSC, IBPS, IAS, SBI, NDA, CDS, SSC CGL GK paper download etc.