Important GK banking awareness question answer for Bank PO and Clerk exam preparation. Download study material for IBPS, SBI and other banking exam solved paper. Given below is sample question paper of GK for Banking exam preparation. If you are going to preparation online for banking exams then you must check other important links of banking exam study material to below.
Bank GK Sample Question Paper:
1.Largest shareholder (in percentage shareholding) of a nationalized bank is.
(A) RBI (B) NABARD (C) LICI
(D) Govt. of India (E) IBA
2. Which one of the following constitutes the largest percentage of Retail loAnswerin India?
(A) Auto loAnswer(B) Personal loAnswer(C) Personal overdrafts
(D) Consumer loAnswer(E) Home loans
3. Banks in our country normally publicise that additional interest rate is allowed on retail domestic term deposits of.
(A) Minors (B) Married women (C) Senior citizens
(D) Govt. employees (E) Rural residents
4. Insurance cover for bank deposits in our country is provided by.
(A) SBI (B) Govt. of India (C) GIC
(D) UCI (E) DICGC
5. Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) and Statutory’ Liquidity Ratio (SLR) are terms most closely related to which of the following industries/ markets?
(A) Capital Market (B) Banking industry (C) Commodities market
(D) Money Market (E) Mutual fund industry
6. A centralized database with online connectivity to branches, internet as well as ATM-network which has been adopted by almost all major banks of our country is known as.
(A) investment banking (B) core banking (C) mobile banking
(D) national banking (E) specialized banking
7. With a view to facilitate payment of balance in the deposit account to the person named by the depositor without any hassles in the event of death of the account holder, the following facility was introduced for bank accounts in our country–
(A) Will (B) Registration (C) Nomination
(D) Indemnity (E) Guarantee
8. What is money laundering?
(A) Conversion of assets into cash (B) Conversion of Money which is illegally obtained
(C) Conversion of cash into gold (D) Conversion of gold into cash
(E) Conversion of gold with foreign currency
9. Interest payable on savings bank accounts is.
(A) not regulated by RBI (B) regulated by Sate Governments (C) regulated by Central Government
(D) regulated by RBI (E) regulated by Finance minister
10. Which of the following states became the first state in the country to launch RBI’s e-payment system for commercial tax payers?
(A) Andhra Pradesh (B) Kerala (C) Gujarat
(D) Maharashtra (E) Karnataka
11. NEFT means–
(A) National Electronic Funds Transfer system (B) Negotiated Efficient Fund Transfer system
(C) National Efficient Fund Transfer solution (D) Non Effective Fund Transfer system
(E) Negotiated Electronic Foreign Transfer system
12. Which one of the following is not a salient feature of debit card?
(A) No bad debts to banks and no suits for recovery (B) No interest earning for banks
(C) Works like a normal withdrawal slip (D) 45 days credit is given to the card holder
(E) All the above
13. Loan of very small amounts given to low income groups is called.
(A) Cash credit (B) Micro credit (C) Simple overdraft
(D) No frills loAnswer(E) Rural credit
14. What is the maximum period for which domestic term deposits are normally accepted by banks in our country?
(A) 3 years (B) 5 years (C) 7 years
(D) 10 years (E) 12 years
15. What does the letter ‘L’ stands for in the term LAF commonly used in financial/economic news?
(A) Liquidity (B) Least (C) Liabilities
(D) Long (E) Liquid
16. When a banker talks about CDR, what is he talking about?
(A) Corporate Debt Restructuring (B) Corporate Debt Rollover (C) Company Debt Rollover
(D) Corporate Deposit Restructuring (E) Company Deposit Restructuring
17. Expand the term ALM as used in Banking/Finance sector ?
(A) Asset Liability Management (B) Asset Liability Maturity (C) Asset Liability Mismatch
(D) Asset Liability Manpower (E) Asset Liability Maintenance
18. Which of the following is a measure taken by Reserve Bank of India to control inflation in our country?
(A) Increase in CRR (B) Increase in SLR (C) Contraction of supply of currency
(D) Raising of Repo / Reverse Repo Rate (E) Decrease the SLR
19. What type of loan is granted by banks for purchase of white goods?
(A) Consumption loan (B) Mortgage loan (C) Consumer durables loan
(D) Home loan (E) None of these
20. Which of the following is NOT a source of funds of a commercial bank?
(A) Capital (B) Borrowings from RBI (C) Call money borrowings
(D) Deposits (E) Cash Reserves with RBI
21. Fixed deposits and recurring deposits are.
(A) repayable after an agreed period (B) repayable on demand
(C) not repayable (D) repayable after death of depositors
(E) repayable on demand or after an agreed period as per bank’s choice
22. When a bank returns a cheque unpaid, it is called.
(A) payment of the cheque (B) drawing of the cheque (C) cancelling of the cheque
(D) dishonor of the cheque (E) taking of the cheque
23. Which one of the following is a Credit Card Association?
(A) India Card (B) Master Card (C) SBI Cards
(D) City Bank Cards (E) BOB Card
24. Which one of the following is not an electronic Banking delivery channel?
(A) Mobile VAnswer(B) Mobile Phone Banking (C) Internet Banking
(D) Tele Banking (E) ATM
25. The Rate at which the domestic currency can be converted into foreign currency and vice-versa is known as the.
(A) Exchange rate (B) MIBOR (C) Inter bank Call money rate
(D) Base rate (E) UBOR
26. Crossing on a cheque can be cancelled by the of the cheque, under his full signature.
(A) payee (B) drawee (C) endorser
(D) holder (E) drawer
27. What is a stale cheque?
(A) A cheque issued without drawer’s signature (B) A cheque with only signature of the drawer
(C) A cheque which has completed six months from its date of issue (D) A six months’ post dated cheque
(E) Anyone of these
28. Credit risk to the bank is high from which of these cards?
(A) Debit cards (B) Credit cards (C) ATM cards
(D) All the above (E) None of these
29. Depreciation of an asset occurs due to.
(A) Fire in the unit (B) Theft (C) Labour Trouble
(D) Wear and tear (E) None of these
30. Bank branches which can undertake foreign exchange business directly are known as in foreign exchange.
(A) Authorized dealers (B) Foreign dealers (C) Overseas branches
(D) Approved dealers (E) Exchange branches