Interested candidates are invited for recruitment to the posts of Range Forest Officer in the Forest Department, Himachal Pradesh through online applications. The candidates may apply online for the post before 11th April 2017 through the official website. Check detailed official notification at HPPSC official website or given the direct link below.
- 1 HPPSC Forest Range Officer Recruitment 2017:
- 1.1 Educational Qualifications for Forest Range Officer Post:
- 1.2 Important Rules Regarding Examination:
- 1.3 Range Forest Officer Exam Syllabus:
- 1.4 Application Process of HP Range Forest Officer Post-
- 1.5 Examination Fees-
- 1.6 Contact No. for the guidance of candidates:
- 1.7 Admission and Rejection Condition:
- 1.8 Required Documents for Range Forest Officer Post:
- 1.9 Age Relaxation:
- 1.10 Before submitting the online application what is to be done:
- 1.11 Disqualifications of-
HPPSC Forest Range Officer Recruitment 2017:
- Name of the post: Range Forest Officer (Gazetted on contractual basis)
- No of posts: 50 (70 % for B.sc in Forestry and 30% for Non-B.sc in Forestry)
- Age Limitations: Min. 21 years, Max. 31 years (The upper age limit for the candidates who are already in Govt. svc shall be 42 yrs)
- Pay Scale: Rs 10,300 – Rs 34800 + (Grade Pay Rs 4800)
Educational Qualifications for Forest Range Officer Post:
As per the given below subject wise detail, minimum education qualification for the Range Officer post candidates must have a bachelor’s degree (Science or Eng. From any recognized university with minimum one of the following subjects –
- Computer Application/Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Veterinary Sciences
Physical Standards: Min. height of male candidate should be 163 cm and that of female candidates should be 150 cm.
Health Standards: The candidates selected for training will be required to present medical certificate by the medical officer.
Important Rules Regarding Examination:
- The candidates qualifying for the written examination will be called for a physical standard test.
- There will be two compulsory and two optional papers which the candidate has to specify in his/her application form.
- Min qualifying marks are 40% in each compulsory paper and 45% marks in aggregate.
- The final ranking shall be on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the main examination(written plus interview/personality test)
- The benefit will be provided for good English/Hindi along with effective expression.
- All papers shall be of three hours duration.
Range Forest Officer Exam Syllabus:
The entrance exam shall comprise of two compulsory and two optional papers.
- General Knowledge(Current events, Indian Polity, The Constitution of India, History of India, Geography, etc) – 100 marks
- General English(essays, a test of grammar, idioms and phrases, précis writing, Essays will be on current topics on State, National, and International events. Essay will be of 30 marks, précis writing 20 marks and others will be of 50 marks) – 100 marks
- Optional Subjects (Eight questions will be there, each will carry equal marks. Syllabus is available on commissions website www.hp.gov.in/hppsc) – 200 marks each subject
Important Note- The level of examination for the compulsory paper will be of intermediate level and that of optional subjects will be of Bachelor’s degree.
Application Process of HP Range Forest Officer Post-
- Detailed Instructions for filling up online applications are available on the HP Government forest official website at (www.hp.gov.in/hppsc)
- Eligible candidates may apply online through the official website. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted.
- The candidates are required to take the printout of the finally submitted online recruitment application for future use.
Category wise application fee as per given below detail will be paid through online payment.
- Application fee for General category candidates: Rs 400
- SC ST and OBC candidates of Himachal Pradesh: Rs 100
- Ex-Serviceman of H.P: No Fee will be paid
Application Fee Payment Mode–
Candidates can pay the fee either through ‘e-Challan’ or through ‘e-Payment’.
- The candidates can deposit the examination fees on any PNB Branches through e-challan which can be downloaded from the website of the commission.
- The Candidates can also pay the examination fees through debit or credit card of any bank.
Candidates are recommended to visit the HP Government Commission’s website from time to time for any further updates regarding this notification.
Admission and Rejection Condition:
The information with respect provisionally admitted candidates on claim basis and rejected candidates will be updated on the website of the commission before the conduct of screening test/examination for the desired post(s).
Required Documents for Range Forest Officer Post:
The candidates will have to submit the print out of online applications along with self-attested copies of documents i.e qualifications, age, experience and category certificate for supporting their eligibility on the day of screening exam.
Note: Original certificates to be presented at the time of interview/personality test.
Five years in upper age limit for reserved category candidates like- SC, ST, OBC, and Wards of freedom fighters of H.P. Age of a candidate shall be considered as on 01.01.2017.
- He/ She has been fired or dismissed from any previous Govt./ Semi Govt. svc.
- He/ She found influencing the selection process in any manner.
- He/ She is an un-discharged insolvent.