IBPS Clerk common written examination 2012 general awareness solved question paper. Candidates can download previous IBPS Clerical Grade / Cadre solved question paper with answer to given below. It will be helpful for the preparation of upcoming Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC and others government competitive exams. You can download this question paper in pdf format. All questions are four option and one is right from the options. Right answer has been given in below of each question. Candidates can also check other important links for IBPS Clerk exam preparation.
IBPS Clerk Cadre Solved Question Paper:
1. Which of the following is the Currency of Bahrain?
(A) Peso (B) Dinar (C) Riyal
(D) Baht (5) Kwacha
2. Which of the following organizations/bodies formulates the rule of international trade among/between the nations?
(A) World Trade Organisation (B) Asian Development Bank
(C) International Monetary Fund (D) World Bank
(5) United Nations Development Programme
3. Which of the following services is provided only by the Reserve Bank of India?
(A) Compilation of economic data (B) Issue of currency notes
(C) Purchase and sale of gold/gold coins (D) Sale of Demand Drafts
(5) Safe deposit lockers for keeping valuables
4. Which of the following Committees/Task Force was set up to suggest reforms in Banking Sector?
(A) Task Force on Infrastructure (B) Narasimham Committee
(C) Rajinder-Sachar Committee (D) Swaminathan Committee
(5) None of these
5. Pranab Mukherjee won the Presidential election against–
(A) P. A. Sangma (B) Pratibha Pail (C) Hamid Ansari
(D) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam (5) None of these
6. ‘SEBI’ Tightens Consent Norms was the headline in some papers/magazines recently. What is the full form of SEBI?
(A) Secured Economy Bureau of India (B) Small Economy Based Investment
(C) Securities and Exchange Board of India (D) Severe Ecological Balance and Internet
(5) Society for Ecological Balance and Internet
7. Which of the following is the Capital of Australia?
(A) Perth (B) Sydney (C) Hobart
(D) Darwin (5) Canberra
8. Which of the following nations is not the member of OPEC?
(A) Algeria (B) Iran (C) Libya
(D) Qatar (5) France
9. Ms. Christine Lagarde is the–
(A) Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) (B) President, World Bank
(C) Secretary-General of UNO (D) Foreign Minister of Russia
(5) None of these
10. Which of the following terms is used in the game of Football?
(A) Baseline (B) Chop (C) Back Pass
(D) Drop Shot (5) Grand Slam
11. Which of the following is a Public Sector Undertaking?
(A) AXIS Bank (B) Reliance Power (C) Hindustan Motors
(D) Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (5) Ambuja Cements
12. Ms. Hillary Clinton who was on a visit to India in May 2012 is the Secretary of State of–
(A) Britain (B) France (C) USA
(D) Germany (5) None of these
13. The 6th World Water Forum was organized in March 2012 in–
(A) London (B) Tokyo (C) Perth
(D) Berlin (5) Marseilles
14. Which of the following countries had launched a Spy Satellite Kobalt-M in May 2012?
(A) France (B) China (C) Iran
(D) Russia (5) USA
15. Which of the following countries is the newest member of the FIFA ?
(A) South Sudan (B) Bangladesh (C) Brazil
(D) Cuba (5) Chile
16. Which of the following is the name of a Patton Tank developed in India?
(A) Agni (B) Arjun (C) Shakti
(D) Basant (5) Pawan
17. Jim Yong Kim has taken over as the new President of–
(A) World Bank (B) IMF (C) ADB
(D) UNESCO (5) Bank of America
18. How many members are nominated by the President of India to the Rajya Sabha ?
(A) 5 (B) 6 (C) 8
(D) 9 (5) None of these
19. Which of the following is a food grain grown in India ?
(A) Rose (B) Mustard (C) Sunflower
(D) Banana (5) Paddy
20. Dr. D. Subbarao is a well known name in the field of–
(A) Science & Technology (B) Politics (C) Sports
(D) Banking (5) Literature
21. Viswanathan Anand is a world famous–
(A) Cricket player (B) Chess player (C) Hockey player
(D) Golf player (5) Lawn Tennis player
22. Which of the following is decided by the RBI?
(A) Interest rate on time deposits (B) Rent of safe deposit vaults
(C) Inflation Rate (D) Dearness Allowance to Govt. Employees
(5) Cash Reserve Ratio
23. Members of the Lok Sabha are elected for a period of–
(A) 4 years (B) 5 years (C) 6 years
(D) 3 years (5) 6 1/2 years
24. Which of the following Acts ensures that every child gets school education?
(A) RTI Act (B) RTE Act (C) Apprentice Act
(D) Govt. Grants Act (5) None of these
25. Which of the following books is written by Anita Desai ?
(A) Where Shall We Go This Summer (B) A General and His Army
(C) An Eye to China (D) Between Hope and History (5) Coolie
26. Which of the following Awards is given to Cine persons for their lifetime achievement ?
(A) Saraswati Samman (B) Kalidas Samman (C) Arjuna Award
(D) Dada Saheb Phalke Award (5) Kirti Chakra
27. Commonwealth Games-2014 will be organised in–
(A) London (B) New Delhi (C) Glasgow
(D) Toronto (5) Wellington
28. Who among the following is a Cabinet Minister in Union Cabinet?
(A) Sachin Pilot (B) Milind Deora (C) A. K. Antony
(D) Rahul Gandhi (5) None of these
29. Which of the following statements is true about Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana launched by the Government of India?
(A) This scheme is only for children upto 14 years of age
(B) Scheme was launched in 1983 but was withdrawn in 2000
(C) In 12th Five-Year Plan about 7 crore families will be provided insurance cover under the scheme
(D) All those who are above 60 will get an insurance cover of Rs. 10 lakh
(5) None of these
30. What does the letter ‘C’ denote in the term ‘CBS’ as used in banking operations ?
(A) Central (B) Critical (C) Commercial
(D) Core (5) Capital
31. Who among the following is the Foreign Secretary of India at present ?
(A) Ajit Seth (B) S. K. Tripathi (C) Pulok Chatterjee
(D) Mukul Joshi (5) None of these
32. Who among the following was a famous author of Sanskrit language ?
(A) Kalidas (B) Mirabai (D) Tulsidas
(D) Jaidev (5) Raskhan
33. Deepika Kumari’s name is associated with–
(A) Swimming (B) Archery (C) Billiards
(D) Golf (5) Cricket
34. Which of the following countries has imposed new sanctions on Iran and Syria?
(A) India (B) Sri Lanka (C) Russia
(D) USA (5) South Africa
35. Which of the following places in India does not have a nuclear power plant?
(A) Narora (B) Rawatbhata (C) Silchar
(D) Tarapore (5) Kalpakkam
36. Who among the following is from Trinamool Congress Party ?
(A) Srikant Jena (B) Navin Jindal (C) Gurudas Dasgupta
(D) Dinesh Trivedi (5) Sanjay Nirupam
37. Which of the following terms is not associated with banking/finance?
(A) RTGS (B) SLR (C) Repo Rate
(D) Credit (5) LBW
38. Oscar Awards are given in the field of–
(A) Economics (B) Social Service (C) Literature
(D) Films (5) Sports
39. Which of the following Cups/Trophies is associated with the game of Cricket?
(A) Ranji Trophy (B) Davis Cup (C) Thomas Cup
(D) Nehru Trophy (5) Agha Khan Cup
40. Which of the following is a Union Territory of India ?
(A) Uttarakhand (B) Chandigarh (C) Himachal Pradesh
(D) Kerala (5) West Bengal