IBPS Clerk exam general awareness solved question paper 2013, held on 8 December 2013 pdf download. It will be important for upcoming Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC and others government competitive exams. You can download this question paper in pdf format. For preparation of IBPS Clerk, PO and SBI examination, other most important links also given in below.
1. World Food Day is celebrated every year around the world on–
(A) 4th July (B) 16th October (C) 12th August (D) 18th May (E) None of these
Answer : (B)
2. The minimum age for becoming a member of the Rajya Sabha is–
(A) 28 years (B) 40 years (C) 30 years (D) 35 years (E) 25 years
3. What is the term for bank’s lending to farmers for agriculture, micro and small enterprises, and other weaker sections wherein banks are required to lend up to 40 percent of the loans?
(A) Para Banking (B) Sub Prime Lending (C) Retail Lending
(D) Non-Priority Sector Lending (E) Priority Sector Lending
4. A Bank’s fixed deposit is also referred to as a–
(A) Term Deposit (B) Savings Bank Deposit (C) Current Deposit
D) Demand Deposit (E) Home Savings Deposit
Answer : (A)
5. As per Census 2011, which of the following Indian states has the lowest population density ?
(A) Nagaland (B) Manipur (C) Arunachal Pradesh
(D) Himachal Pradesh (E) Meghalaya
6. To improve access of the poor to banking, Reserve Bank of India has advised banks to open branches with minimum infrastructure supporting up to 8 to 10 business correspondents (BCs) at a reasonable distance of 2-3 km. Such branches are known as.
(A) Nodal Branches (B) Mini Branches (C) Micro Branches
(D) Ultra Small Branches (E) Satellite Branches
7. A target set by UIDAI for issuance of Aadhaar cards up to 2014 is–
(A) 50 crore cards (B) 55 crore cards (C) 45 crore cards
(D) 40 crore cards (E) 60 crore cards
8. Which of the following is a receipt listed in India and traded in rupees declaring ownership of shares of a foreign company?
(A) Indian Depository Receipt (IDR) (B) European Depository Receipt (EDR)
(C) Global Depository Receipt (GDR) (D) American Depository Receipt (ADR)
(E) Luxembourg Depository Receipt (LDR)
9. Which of the following statements regarding the ‘Direct Benefits Scheme (DBT)’ of the Government of India is not correct?
(A) The scheme does not covers LPG subsidies, pension payments and scholarships.
(B) Indirect transfer of benefits are more prone to leakage than direct transfer.
(C) Under DBT, money is directly transferred into bank accounts of beneficiaries.
(D) The scheme was launched on 1st January 2013 to cover 20 districts initially.
(E) The scheme is likely to increase the subsidy bill of the Government.
10. Which of the following services relate to execution of transactions directly with consumers, rather than corporations or other banks?
(A) Wholesale Banking Services (B) Industrial Banking Services
(C) Investment Banking Services (D) Corporate Banking Services
(E) Retail Banking Services
11. The Aadhaar-enabled payment system is banking-led model that facilitates banking facilities through banking correspondents across banks. However, Aadhaar enabled basic types of banking transactions do not include–
(A) Aadhaar to Aadhaar funds transfer (B) Small Overdraft Facility
(C) Cash Withdrawal (D) Balance Enquiry (E) Cash Deposit
12. Deepak Lathore is related to which of the following sports?
(A) Hockey (B) Cricket (C) Badminton (D) Football (E) Weightlifting
13. A bank without any branch network that offers its services remotely through online banking, telephone/mobile banking and inter-bank ATM network alliances is known as–
(A) Universal Banking (B) Indirect Bank (C) Doorstep Bank
(D) Direct Bank (E) Unit Banking
14. A type of fraud wherein criminals use and innocent persons details to open or use an account to carry out finanical transactions is known as–
(A) Identity Theft (B) Money Laundering (C) Hacking (D) Espionage (E) Phishing
15. With a view to integrate them as part of basic banking services, the Reserve Bank of India (Reserve Bank of India), in August 2012, advised banks to restrict the ‘No Frills’ account and offer a–
(A) Lok Mangal Saving Bank Deposit Account (B) Laghu Bachat Saving Deposit Account
(C) Aam Admi Basic Bank Account (D) Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
(E) Gramin Bachat Account
16. According to the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961, a resident individual is categorized as a ‘Very Senior Citizen’, when he is–
(A) 80 years of age or older (B) 75 years of age or older
(C) 90 years of age or older (D) 85 years of age or older
(E) 65 years of age or older
17. NABARD is responsible for regulating and supervising the functions of–
(A) Investment and Industrial Finance Banks (B) Co-operative Banks and Regional Rural Banks
(C) Corporate Finance and Overseas Banking Unit (D) Private Sector and Multinational Banks
(E) Reserve Bank of India
18. The part of a company’s earnings or profit which are paid out to shareholders is known as–
(A) Capital Gains (B) Interest on Borrowings (C) Taxes (D) Dividends (E) Penal Interest
19. The arrangement under which banks sell insurance products acting as the agents of the respective companies is called the–
(A) Insurance Joint Venture (B) Bancassurance Model (C) Hybrid Insurance Model
(D) Insurance Broking (E) Integrated Model
20. The abbreviation of EMI in banking parlance stands for–
(A) Equated Monthly Instalment (B) Equal Monthly Increment
(C) Equated Money Instalment (D) Equalized Monthly Instalment
(E) Equating Money Instalment
21. Who among the following is the author of the book “The Lowland”?
(A) Jhumpa Lahiri (B) Amitabh Ghosh (C) Salman Rushdie
(D) Hamid Ansari (E) Chetan Bhagat
22. Which of the following Indian universities is Asia’s largest residential university?
(A) Allahabad University (B) Utkal University
(C) Benares Hindu University (D) Anna University
(E) Jawaharlal Nehru University
23. We often read about the increasing trend of ‘Plastic Money’ in newspapers and financial magazines. In this respect, which of the following is/are not the forms of Plastic Money?
(A) Debit Card (B) Cash Card
(C) Credit Card (D) Banknote
(E) Store Card
24. Derivative contracts that give the buyer the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell at a predetermined price within or at end of a specified period, are known as–
(A) Futures Contract (B) Option Contract
(C) Index Futures Contract (D) Currency Swap
(E) None of these
25. CASA Ratio of bank indicates the–
(A) Overall cost of deposit of a bank
(B) Level of high cost term deposits
(C) Share of current and savings bank deposit in the total deposits
(D) Average outstanding level of current and saving deposits
(E) Capital adequacy of the bank
26. Who among the following is the current Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India?
(A) K. G. Balakrishnan (B) Ranjit Sinha (C) Montek Singh Ahluwalia
(D) V.S. Sampath (E) S. Y. Qureshi
27. Which of the following actresses was recently (in October 2013) honoured at the British House of Commons for her contribution to the global entertainment industry?
(A) Shabana Azmi (B) Kareena Kapoor (C) Nandita Das
(D) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (E) Vidya Balan
28. Which of the following is an investment advisory discipline?
(A) Corporate Industrial Finance (B) Offshore Banking (C) Wholesale Banking
(D) Wealth Management (E) Trade Finance
29. Who among the following was recently conferred the first Yash Chopra Memorial Award?
(A) Madhuri Dixit Nene (B) Ramesh Sippy (C) Lata Mangeshkar
(D) A. R. Rahman (E) None of these
30. With effect from 1st July, 2010, for calculation of lending rates, the Reserve Bank of India has advised banks to switch over to the–
(A) MSF Rate System (B) Reserve Repo Rate System
(C) Bank Rate System (D) Repo Rate System
(E) Base Rate System
31. Which of the following institutions is regarded as the ‘lender of the last resort’ by banks in India?
(A) State Bank of India (B) The State Bank Treasury
(C) Reserve Bank of India (D) World Bank
(E) Department of Financial Services
32. The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations (United Nations) that is concerned with International Public Health. It is headquartered at–
(A) Sweden (B) Switzerland (C) United Kingdom (D) France (E) Germany
33. Which of the following communities was most recently notified as a ‘minority community’ by the Ministry of Welfare, Government of India?
(A) Sikhs (B) Zoroastrians (C) Buddhists (D) Jains (E) Christians
34. The concept of Microcredit essentially concentrates on–
(A) Consumption smoothening as and when needed (B) Providing safe place to hold savings
(C) Accepting deposits (D) Provisions of credit to the poor
(E) Facility to transfer money
35. An Equity Share is also commonly referred to as–
(A) Ordinary Share (B) Convertible Share (C) Debenture (D) Security Deposit (E) Preferred Stock
36. Cheraw, the bamboo dance, is of which Indian state?
(A) Mizoram (B) Sikkim (C) Arunachal Pradesh
(D) Manipur (E) Assam
37. The Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale (EFTPOS) is an electronic payment system involving electronic fund transfer based on the use of–
(A) Internet Banking (B) Account Payee Cheques
(C) Letter of Credit (D) Debit and Credit Cards
(E) Order and Bearer Cheques
38. The process by which a life insurance policy holder can transfer all rights, title and interest under a policy contract to a third person is known as–
(A) Assignment of the policy (B) Reinvestment of the policy
(C) Hypothecation of the policy (D) Negotiation of the policy
(E) Nomination of the policy
39. 8th National Conference on Krishi Vigyan Kendra, 2013 was held at–
(A) Chennai (B) Mumbai (C) Lucknow (D) Kolkata (E) Bangalore
40. Banking Codes and Standard Board of India (BCSBI) has evolved a code of bank’s commitments to customers which set maximum standards of banking practices for banks. For common customers, the code is like a–
(A) Charter of Rights (B) Charter of Duties (C) Charter of Demands
(D) Charter of Good Behaviour (E) Charter of Values