General awareness question set for Bank PO and Clerk exams online preparation. It will be also important collection for others government competitive exams. Given below 25 sample question answer for preparation of IBPS Clerk and IBPS Probationary Officer (PO) exam preparation. It will important for other banking exams. If you are searching online study material for preparation of online banking exams then you can check given below various important links for banking exam preparation.
IBPS Preparation Question Answer Sample Paper:
1.A collection of gas dust which appears as a bright ball of light in the sky with a glowing tail is called–
(A) Star (B) Comet
(C) Constellation (D) Galaxy
2. The Gulf stream is the warm ocean current. It is moving along the East of North America up to 40° N, where it meets with Labrador current, which is cold current. This meeting of warm and cold ocean current is helping for the–
(A) navigation of snip (B) fishing
(C) Both ‘a’ and ‘b’ (D) Neither ‘a’ nor ‘b’
3. Willy Willy is–
(A) a type of tree grown in temperate regions (B) a wind that blows in a desert
(C) a tropical cyclone of the North-West Australia (D) a kind of common fish found near Lakshadweep Islands
Answer: a tropical cyclone of the North-West Australia
4. Which one among the following pigment found in plant cells is known as “vegetable chaemeleon”?
(A) Anthocyanin (B) Chlorophyll
(C) Lycophyll (D) Plastocyanin
5. Which of the given statements is/are correct?
(A) During the reign of Nasiruddin Mahmud Tughlaq, Timur (Tamerlane), a central Asian Turk, invaded India and Sacked Delhi
(B) The dynasty founded by Khizr Khan, Timur’s nominee, is known as the Sayyid dynasty because Khizr Khan was a descendant of the prophet
(C) Both ‘a’ and ‘b’
(D) Neither ‘a’ nor ‘b’
Answer:Both a and b
6. ‘The king was freed from his people and they from their king: On whose death did Badauni comment thus?
(A) Balban (B) Alauddin Khilji
(C) Muhammad-bin- Tughlaq (D) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
7. Who was the Chairman of the Thirteenth Finance Commission?
(A) Subir Datta (B) S D Mishra
(C) K Santhanam (D) Vijay Kelkar
Answer: Vijay Kelkar
8. Who was the last Mughal emperor to sit on the peacock throne?
(A) Aurangzeb (B) Bahadur Shah Zafar
(C) Muhammad Shah (D) Shah Alam II
Answer: Muhammad Shah
9. Ministers in a State get salaries as determined by–
(A) the Constitution (B) Parliament
(C) State Legislature (D) the Governor
Answer: State Legislature
10. After the purchase of 200 tonne gold from IMF, India’s Central Bank RBI became the ………. largest gold holding central bank in the world–
(A) 3rd (B) 10th
(C) 4th (D) 6th
11. The learned lady who is said to have debated the famous law giver Yajna valkya was–
(A) Gargi (B) Maitreyi
(C) Kamala (D) Kalindi
12. ‘Asian Drama’, by Gunnar Karl Myrdal, is a book on which of the following subjects?
(A) Theatre Movements in Asia (B) Economics
(C) International Politics (D) Look East Policy of India
13. Which one of the following extra-embryonic membranes acts as a protective aquarium for the developing embryos?
(A) Amnion (B) Chorion
(C) Allantois (D) Yolk sac
14. The genes which confer antibiotic resistance to bacteria are located in–
(A) plasmid (B) nucleoid DNA
(C) RNA (D) cell wall
15. For international money transfer, which Indian bank has signed MoU with the American Company “Money Gram”?
(A) SBI (B) Bank of Baroda
(C) PNB (D) Central Bank
16. Which of the following was the low-caste (parwari) Hindu convert who usurped the throne from the Khiljis before the establishment of the succeeding Tughlaq dynasty?
(A) Malik Kafur (B) Khusrau Khan
(C) Amir Khusrau (D) Qutbuddin Mubarak
Answer: Khusrau Khan
17. The Governor is appointed by the–
(A) Prime Minister (B) President
(C) Chief Minister (D) Chief Justice of India
18. The maximum permissible period between two sessions of a State legislative Assembly is–
(A) a year (B) six months
(C) three months (D) indefinite
Answer: six months
19. The Sultan of Delhi who is reputed to have built the biggest network of canals in India was–
(A) Iltutmish (B) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
(C) Firoz Shah Tughlaq (D) Sikandar Lodi
Answer: Firoz Shah Tughlaq
20. Who of the following won the Nobel Prize for his work on Photoelectric effect?
(A) Albert Einstein (B) Werner Heisenberg
(C) Steven Weinberg (D) Max Planck
Answer: Albert Einstein
21. Which is the correct arrangement of the following rivers from North to South?
(A) Godavari, Pennar, Cauveri, Periyar (B) Pennar, Godavari, Periyar, Cauveri
(C) Godavari, Cauveri, Pennar, Periyar (D) Cauveri, Godavari, Periyar, Pennar
Answer: Godavari, Cauveri, Pennar, Periyar
22. The monocot plants lack the process of grafting. It is mainly due to lack of–
(A) vascular tissue (B) ground tissue
(C) parenchymatous tissue (D) cambium tissue
Answer: cambium tissue
23. With reference to Delhi Sultanate, who was the founder of Sayyid Dynasty?
(A) Khizr Khan (B) Mubarak Shah
(C) Muhammad Shah (D) Alauddin Alam Shah
Answer: Khizr Khan
24. Which of the following should a man consume if he lacks rhodopsin in his eyes?
(A) Orange and amla (B) Papaya and mango
(C) Watermelon and orange (D) Lemon and mango
Answer: Papaya and mango
25. What happen to plant cells when they are kept in a hyper-osmotic solution?
(A) Flaccidity (B) Turgidity
(C) Plasmolysis (D) Bursting