Learn and download IBPS exam sample question answer set to given download link. Candidates who are appearing in IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk and IBPS RRB examination must read this sample paper and previous year banking exam paper for preparation of preliminary and main examination. General awareness solved question answer set9 for Bank PO exams online preparation. It will also an important collection for others government competitive exams.
IBPS Preparation Sample Question Paper
1.The temperature of a body is an indicator of–
(A) average kinetic energy of the molecules of the body (B) the total velocity of the molecules of the body
(C) The total potential energy of the molecules of body (D) average total energy of the molecules of body
Answer: average kinetic energy of the molecules of body
3. Who among the following leaders proposed to adopt Complete Independence as the goal of the Congress in the Ahmedabad Session of 1921?
(A) Abdul Kalam Azad (B) Hasrat Mohani
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru (D) Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Answer: Hasrat Mohani
4. Which one among the following tissues can be used for the extraction of fibers?
(A) xylem and phloem (B) xylem, phloem and sclerenchyma
(C) xylem, parenchyma and phloem (D) xylem, phloem, epidermis, and sclerenchyma
Answer: xylem, phloem, epidermis, and sclerenchyma
5. No Taxation without representation was the popular slogan of–
(A) Indian Freedom Struggle (B) American war of Independence
(C) Russian Revolution (D) French Revolution
Answer: American war of Independence
6. Asia has large areas of inland drainage. Why is it so?
(A) Rainfall is seasonal and scanty (B) There is a number of intermontane plateaus
(C) River channels are obstructed by lava flows (D) It is a very large continent
Answer: Rainfall is seasonal and scanty
7. Which one among the following is the chief compound used in Pepper spray, a riot control agent?
(A) Capsaicin (B) Black pepper
(C) Sulphur dioxide (D) Hydrogen sulfide
8. An advalorem duty is a tax on the basis of–
(A) The price of a commodity (B) the unit of a commodity
(C) the advertisement expenditure (D) the value added
Answer: the value added
9. Which one among the following was the major demand of the Bardoli Satyagraha
(1928) organized under the leadership of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel?
(A) Land to the Tiller (B) Increase in the rates of labor wage
(C) Rollback of newly enhanced revenue rate (D) Supply of agricultural inputs to the farmers at subsidized rate
Answer: Rollback of newly enhanced revenue rate
10. The number of spectral lines when electron jumps from 5th energy level to 2nd energy level state will be–
(A) 5 (B) 10
(C) 6 (D) 15
11. Which of the following did not belong “to the responsivity” group in the Swaraj party formed to after cooperation to the Government in order to safeguard Hindu interests?
(A) Lokamanya Tilak (B) Madan Mohan Malaviya
(C) Lala Lajpat Rai (D) NC Kelkar
Answer: Lokamanya Tilak
12. The per capital income has been low in India because–
(A) more people are in the rural area (B) of population growth
(C) of regional imbalances (D) of price rise
Answer: more people are in rural area
13. Lord Curzon is best known for which of the following?
(A) Universities Act of 1904 (B) Partition of Bengal in 1905
(C) Indian Councils Act of 1892s (D) Government of India Act of 1909
Answer: Indian Councils Act of 1892s
14. Judicial Review signifies that the Supreme Court–
(A) has final authority in overall cases (B) can declare a state law as unconstitutional
(C) can review cases whose decisions have been given by the High Court (D) None of the above
Answer: can declare a state law as unconstitutional
15. In which one of the following places is the Forest Survey of India (FSI), a national organization engaged in forest cover mapping, forest inventory and training in the field of remote sensing and GIS, located?
(A) Dehradun (B) Itanagar
(C) Ahmedabad (D) Aizawl
16. Which one of the following cities is located on the banks of the river St Lawrence?
(A) Chicago (B) Detroit
(C) Montreal (D) Vancouver
17. Which one of the following is a feature of the Presidential Government?
(A) Single judicial system (B) Federal form of government
(C) Separation of powers (D) Division of powers
Answer: Separation of powers
18. Which of the following was not one of the Rajas of South India to raise the banner of revolt against the British?
(A) Raja of Vijayanagar (B) Raja of Travancore
(C) Kerala Varma Raja of Wynaad (D) Raja Vira Raja of Coorg
Answer: Raja of Travancore
19. Dear Money Policy implies–
(A) high price level (B) large money supply
(C) high production (D) high interest rates
Answer: high interest rates
20. ………is the district with the lowest proportion of ST and ….. is the district with lowest proportion of SC.
(A) Lawngtlai, Hathras (B) Hathras, Lawngtlai
(C) Sarchhip, Hathras (D) Hathras, Koch-Bihar
Answer: Hathras, Lawngtlai
21. Financial distribution between the Union and the State takes place on the basis of the recommendations of which one of the following?
(A) The National Development Council (B) The Inter-State Council
(C) The Planning Commission (D) The Finance Commission
Answer: The Finance Commission
22. …..is the Union Territory with lowest proportion of SC and ….. is the Union Territory with lowest proportion of ST–
(A) Lakshadweep, Andaman and Nicobar islands (B) Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
(C) Goa, Dadra and Nagar Haveli (D) Andaman and Nicobar Island, Lakshadweep
Answer: Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
23. Madhya Pradesh shares its border with how many States?
(A) 3 (B) 4
(C) 5 (D) 6
24. Which one of the following statements regarding the Revolt of 1857 is not correct?
(A) The revolt was supported wholeheartedly by the educated, elite Indian everywhere
(B) The diverse elements which took part in the revolt were united by their hatred of British rule
(C) The role of Hindu-Muslim unity in the revolt was acknowledged by many, including British officials
(D) The revolt did not spread to South India
Answer: (A) The revolt was supported wholeheartedly by the educated, elite Indian everywhere
25. When light enters from air to water, then its–
(A) frequency increases and speed decreases
(B) frequency is same but the wavelength is smaller in water than in air
(C) frequency is same but the wavelength is greater in water than in air
(D) frequency is decreases but the wavelength is smaller in water than in air
Answer: frequency is same but the wavelength is
smaller in water than in air