Top most IBPS General Awareness Question Answer Set for IBPS exam preparation. Candidate can download GS preparation set in pdf format. Given below question and answer set is a collection of previous year General Awareness of IBPS exams. You can also check related links for IBPS preparation and download in PDF format.
1. “Indian Nationalism was the child of the British Raj.” Who made this statement?
(A) Bipin Chandra
(B) R. Coupland
(C) R. C. Majumdar
(D) P. E. Roberts
2. The first President of the Sovereign Constituent Assembly for the Dominion of India was—
(A) C. Rajagopalachari
(B) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(C) Rajendra Prasad
(D) Sachidananda Sinha
3. The Dargah of Shaikh Nizamuddin Auliya lies in—
4. ‘Purna Swarajya’ was announced in the Indian National Congress Session of—
5. Arrange the following events in the chronological order and select the correct answer from the codes given below—
1. Non-cooperation movement.
2. Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.
3. Gandhi’s Champaran Satyagraha.
4. Civil Disobedience Movement.
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 3 4 1 2
(C) 3 2 1 4
(D) 1 2 4 3
6. Under which Article of the Constitution of India Supreme Court safeguards the fundamental rights of the Indian citizens?
7. The President of India may declare National Emergency if there is threat of—
1. External aggression
2. Internal disturbances
3. Armed rebellion
4. Communal clashes
Select the correct answer from the code given below—
(A) 1 and 2 only
(B) 2 and 3 only
(C) 3 and 4 only
(D) 1 and 3 only
8. Which one of the following is a Directive Principle of the State Policy?
(A) Uniform civil code
(B) Freedom of the press
(C) Freedom of the religion
(D) Equality before law
9. Which city of Turkey is the ‘Gateway to the West’?
10. As per the State of Forest Report-2009, what fraction of India’s area is covered by forests?
(A) 17•92% (B) 21•02%
(C) 23•84% (D) 25•96%
11. Who is the Secretary of the International Monetary Fund?
(A) Indira Mathur (B) AT Vashishtha
(C) Siddharth Tiwari (D) None of these
12. Who is the first Goodwill Ambassador of the ‘Smile Train’, an international charity that provides free cleft lip and palate surgery to children in need?
(A) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (B) Katrina Kaif
(C) Angelina Jolie (D) None of these
13. Asia’s biggest solar power plant has been recently unveiled at—
(A) Japan (B) Indonesia
(C) Malaysia (D) Taiwan
14. India had recently landed its Moon Impact Probe on the Moon. Among the following countries, which one has landed such a probe on the Moon earlier?
(A) Australia (B) Canada
(C) China (D) Japan
15. With which company did India’s largest IT firm Tata Consultancy Services sign a two-year multimillion dollar deal recently?
(A) Infosys (B) SAP IG
(C) Singapore People’s Association (D) Citigroup
16. Which pharmaceutical company has been given permission by the Government of India to conduct H1N1 vaccine trials on a human?
(A) Bharat Biotech (B) Panacea Pharmaceuticals
(C) Serum Institute of India (D) Zydus Cadila
17. Which Indian State Government made voting compulsory for its Municipal Corporation elections?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Kerala
(C) Karnataka (D) Gujarat
18. The Pakistan resolution was adopted by the Muslim League in—
(A) February 1922
(B) December 1928
(C) March 1940
(D) September 1944
19. Which one of the following rights was described by B. R. Ambedkar as “The Heart and Soul of the Constitution”?
(A) Right of freedom of religion
(B) Right to property
(C) Right to equality
(D) Right to constitutional remedies
20. Jamie Dwyer, recently crowned hockey’s World Player of the Year for the third time, belongs to—
(A) Germany (B) England
(C) Netherlands (D) Australia
21. Which among the following countries is the World Bank’s single largest borrower?
(A) Pakistan (B) India
(C) China (D) Russia
22. Kaiane Aldorino who won the 2009 Miss World pageant recently held in Johannesburg, is from—
(A) South Africa (B) Venezuela
(C) Columbia (D) Gibraltar
23. Following the Maldives example, cabinet ministers of which of the following countries conducted their meeting at an unusual place recently to highlight the effects of global warming?
(A) Tuvalu (B) Sri Lanka
(C) South Africa (D) Nepal
24. The United Nations (UN) has declared 2010 as the—
(A) International Year of Youth
(B) International Year of Renewable Energy
(C) International Year of Eco-Tourism
(D) International Year of Biodegradable Material
25. Ben Bernanke has been named ‘Person of the Year’ by the prestigious Time magazine. The current profile of Ben Bernanke is—
(A) Chairman, NASDAQ (B) President, World Bank
(C) Chairman, US Federal Reserve (D) Director-General, WTO
26. Cape Canaveral, the site from which space shuttles are launched, is located in the state—
(A) Florida (B) Virginia
(C) North Carolina (D) South Carolina
27. Which of the following teams was defeated by India to mark its 100th Test match victory in cricket?
(A) New Zealand (B) Australia
(C) Bangladesh (D) Sri Lanka
28. Who is the first Indian to head Amnesty International in its 50-year history?
(A) Pramod Bhasin (B) Salil Shetty
(C) G.R. Madhavan (D) C.K. Roy
29. Lionel Messi, the footballer who plays for Barcelona club, and won the FIFA World Player of the Year Award for 2009, belongs to which country?
(A) Brazil (B) Italy
(C) Argentina (D) Germany
30. Recently, which of the following was included in the UNESCO’s World Heritage List?
(A) Dilwara Temple (B) Kalka-Shimla Railway
(C) Bhiterkanika Mangrove Area (D) Visakhapatnam to Araku Valley railway line
31. The 13th Meeting of the ASEAN Tourism Ministers was held in the month of—
(A) January 2010 (B) February 2010
(C) March 2010 (D) December 2010
32. Air India has entered into a partnership with which organisation to improve operational efficiencies in key airline functions and become more cost-efficient?
(A) Sabre Airline Solutions (B) Airline Solutions Group
(C) Amadeus Airlines (D) Kale Consultants Limited
33. Which state of India has the highest population density?
(A) Bihar (B) Kerala
(C) Andhra Pradesh (D) None of these
34. Which is the highest honour amongst the Padma Awards conferred on eminent personalities by the Government of India every year?
(A) Padma Vibhushan (B) Padma Bhushan
(C) Padma Shree (D) None of these
35. Which country will be hosting the Winter Olympics 2014?
(A) America (B) Russia
(C) Germany (D) England
- Previous Year Reasoning ability test solved question paper
- PO and Clerk Exam | Banking Preparation Question Answer – Set 13
- PO Exam GK Paper PDF Download – Corporation Bank 2011 Solved Question Paper
- UP Samiksha Adhikari Solved Question Paper | UP RO Exam
- UPSC CIVIL Services Previous Year Solved Question Paper
- IBPS General Awareness Solved Paper 2011
- IBPS PO Exam Solved Question Paper 2012
- TET Exam Economics Solved Paper
- Bank PO and Clerk Exam Preparation Question Answer – Set 19
- Bank Clerk exam English language solved question paper 2011