Question answer set for Bank PO/Clerk exams online preparation. It will be also an important collection for others government competitive exams. IBPS GK question answer set-11 download in PDF for upcoming IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB, and IBPS PO examination. You can also check model question paper and the previous exam solved paper to given below links. Examination calendar for 2017 has been released by examination authority. Candidates can apply for IBPS Clerk and PO exams through the official website.
IBPS GK Sample Question Paper:
1.National Agricultural Insurance Scheme replacing Comprehensive Crop Insurance Scheme was introduced in the year–
(A) 1997 (B) 1998
(C) 1999 (D) 2000
2. Who invented the technique of extracting scent from Rose?
(A) Mahan Anga (B) Nur Jahan
(C) Mumtaz Mahal (D) Roshan Ara
Answer: Nur Jahan
3. Which one of the following terms best define South Asia as a region?
(A) Physiographic (B) Economic
(C) Geographic (D) Political
4. Complete oxidation of one gram of glucose yields (in calories)–
(A) 68600 (B) 686000
(C) 6860000 (D) 686
5. The Hkakabo Razi (5885 m), the highest point in mainland South-East Asia, is at the between which of the following?
(A) China and Myanmar (B) China and Vietnam
(C) Cambodia and Laos (D) Cambodia and Thailand
Answer: China and Myanmar
6. Which of the following scheme is not specifically designed for various women?
(A) Panchdhara Yojana (B) Kalpavraksha Scheme
(C) Kamdhenu Yojana (D) SITRA Yojana
Answer: SITRA Yojana
7. The Sikh Khalsa was founded by–
(A) Guru Teg Bahadur (B) Guru Nanak
(C) Guru Gobind Singh (D) Guru Hargobind
Answer: Guru Gobind Singh
8. Who stabbed Guru Gobind Singh to death?
(A) Mahesh Das (B) Gul Khan
(C) Mir Jafar (D) Zulfikar Khan
Answer: Gul Khan
9. While traveling from North to South along the East coast of China, which one of the following is the correct sequence of the given Chinese cities?
(A) Shanghai-Guangzhou – Harbin- Beijing (B) Harbin-Beijing – Shanghai -Guangzhou
(C) Shanghai-Beijing-Harbin-Guangzhou (D) Harbin -Guangzhou -Shanghai – Beijing
Answer: Harbin-Beijing – Shanghai -Guangzhou
10. Which one of the following is the central theme of ‘The Communist Manifesto’ written by Marx and Engels?
(A) Tools of Production (B) Theory of State
(C) Abolition of State (D) Class Struggle
Answer: Class Struggle
11. In accordance with the Directive Principles of State Policy, the Government of India introduced in 1995, the National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP). Which of the following is not the part of NSAP?
(A) IGNOAPS (B) NFBS
(C) Annapurna (D) ICDS
12. Which of the following was not one of the Indian rulers/Zamindars who remained loyal to the Company during the Revolt of 1857?
(A) Sikh chiefs of the cis-Sutlej areas (B) Maharaja Gulab Singh of Kashmir
(C) Maharaja Jaswant Singh of Durgapur (D) Zamindar of Bengal
Answer: Maharaja Jaswant Singh of Durgapur
13. How much glomerular filtrate is formed in human beings in a day
(A) 50-60 Litres (B) 100-120 Litres
(C) 160-180 Litres (D) 200-220 Litres
Answer: 160-180 Litres
14. Among Indian economists who had done pioneering work on national income?
(A) Professor Sheroi (B) VKRV Rao
(C) Jagdish Bhagwati (D) PN Dhar
Answer: VKRV Rao
15. Who edited a Bengali weekly the Jugantar and the Basumati, the oldest Bengali daily paper?
(A) Barindra Ghosh (B) Aurbindo Ghosh
(C) Ganesh Ghosh (D) Anand Mohan Bose
Answer: Barindra Ghosh
16. The origins of UPSC can be traced to–
(A) 1909 Act (B) 1919 Act
(C) 1930 Act (D) 1947 Act
Answer: 1919 Act
17. The Administrative Staff college of India was established in–
(A) 1957 (B) 1958
(C) 1959 (D) 1962
18. Kidney stones are mainly formed by which of the following compound–
(A) Sodium chloride (B) Silicates
(C) Calcium bicarbonate (D) Calcium oxalate
Answer: Calcium oxalate
19. Who is author of One Night @ the Call Centre?
(A) Vikram Seth (B) Chetan Bhagat
(C) Anurag Mathur (D) Robin Sharma
Answer: Chetan Bhagat
20. When Akbar surrounded Chittor Fort, who saved it for four months?
(A) Uday Singh (B) Rana Pratap
(C) Bhama Shah (D) Jaimal
21. In the interior of the Earth–
(A) the temperature falls with increasing depth (B) the pressure falls with increasing depth
(C) the temperature rises with increasing depth (D) Both temperature and pressure fall with increasing depth
Answer: the temperature rises with increasing depth
22. Who was the Chairman of National Income Committee?
(A) PC Mahalanobis (B) VKRV Rao
(C) AM Khusro (D) DR Gadgil
Answer: VKRV Rao
23. Which one of the following lakes forms as international boundary between Tanzania and Uganda?
(A) Chained (B) Malawi
(C) Victoria (D) Zambenzi
24. Which of the following rate is not determined by RBI?
(A) Bank rate (B) SLR
(C) PLR (D) CRR
25. Which one of the following places is. not located on the banks of river Ganga?
(A) Uttarkashi (B) Kanpur
(C) Fatehpur (D) Bhagalpur