Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Ropar invites applications for Recruitment of Assistant Professors Job from qualified candidates. The faculty positions in the specific areas of specializations in the Departments of Chemistry, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, and Physics. IIT Ropar has been ranked 9th very recently, amongst the engineering institutes of India, by MHRD. For details regarding this notification like – educational qualification, experience, areas of specializations, etc. please visit the institute website http://www.iitrpr.ac.in/jobs/faculty-positions. or download the detailed official notification pdf file to given below link,
The last date for submission of online applications is May 15
IIT Ropar Faculty Recruitment Job Detail:
Indian Institute of Technology Ropar has been ranked 9th very recently amongst the engineering institutes of India by MHRD. The Institute invites applications from qualified and motivated candidates for the following faculty positions in various Department(s). Pay Band (PB) and Academic Grade Pay (AGP) for the posts are as under:
Faculty Recruitment Reservations:
Without any compromise on qualification, experience, and competence, reservation as per Government of India rules – 15%, 7½% and 27% for SCs, STs, and OBCs, respectively is applicable at the entry level of Assistant Professor in Science and Technology departments. GOI policy on the reservation of faculty positions also include persons with physical disability. The relevant certificate, in latest format, must be produced at the time of the seminar. Qualified persons include: (a) Indian Nationals; (b) Foreign Nationals, who are Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), in whose case if selected, permission will be sought from the Government of India before he/she can join the Institute; (c) Other Foreign Nationals in whose case if selected, appointment will be made on a contract basis up to 5 years subject to permission from Government of India before he/she can join the Institute. Educational qualification: Ph. D. with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout. The applicants having a provisional certificate for the Ph.D. degree on the closing date of this advertisement are also eligible to apply.
Recruitment Experience for the Posts:
- Associate Professor: A minimum of 6 years of Teaching / Research / Industrial experience, of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor / Senior Scientific Officer / Senior Design Engineer or equivalent on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated leadership in research in a specific area of specialization in terms of guidance of Ph.D. students, a strong record of publications in reputed journals and conferences, patents, technology transfer, laboratory/course development, and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
- Assistant Professor: A minimum of 3 years of post Ph.D. teaching/research/industrial experience. Eligible candidates with less experience may be put on Tenure Track positions as Assistant Professor (on contract) which may be regularized subsequently on completion of minimum experience requirement and satisfactory performance in teaching and research during the period of contract appointment at IIT Ropar on the recommendations of an Assessment Committee.
- The last date for submission of online applications is 15.05.2016. Applications by e-mail
- or hard copy will not be considered. Copy of any certificate should not be appended to the application.
- Mere fulfillment of the above-mentioned qualifications & experience does not entitle a
- candidate to be called for interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to consider and to fill or not to fill positions in any of the
- above specialization(s) / Department(s).
- The candidate should fill separate applications if he/she is interested in applying to more
- than one department.
- Recruitment would be based on the need in a given area within the department.
IIT Ropar Faculty Recruitment download Detail Official Notification :