OPSC has released latest job notification and invited online application for the recruitment of “Assistant Public Prosecutor” (APP) Group B examination 2017. Applications are invited online through the proforma application form to be made available at the website @opsconline.gov.in from 6 April 2017 to 5th May 2017.
The last date for payment of application fee for recruitment to the post of Assistant Public Prosecutor (APP) group B, as per the Odisha state prosecution service rules, 1997 as amended from time to time under home department in the pay scale of rupees 9,300/- to 34,800/- carrying grade pay 4,600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The post is Temporary but likely to be permanent.
OPSC APP Recruitment Application Process:
At present only the online applications are invited from the candidates for admission to the written examination in OPSC recruitment for Prosecutor Group B exam. After the declaration of result of the written examination the candidates who are shortlisted to be called for interview. Candidates must go through details of this advertisement before filling up the online application form. After that, apply online through the OPSC official website (http://opsconline.gov.in). Application received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected. Before filling up the online Application Form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up the online Application Form.
- Guidelines for scanning and uploading of Photograph, Full signature, and Left Thumb impression.
Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with a scanned image of his/her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression (LTI) in the online application form. The uploaded photograph, full signature, and LTI must be clearly identifiable or visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained. Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of the latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
On successful submission of the online application form, a unique registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his/her signature under the declaration for future reference required for submission to the OPSC along with copies of the requisite certificates and documents with a printout of the online application form.
Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of online Challan for payment of a requisite fee of Rs. 300/- (Three Hundred) only at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment. Deposit of application fee by any other mode shall not be accepted.
Important Dates of OPSC APP Recruitment:
Category Wise Vacancy Detail of OPSC Prosecutor Recruitment:
A total number of vacant posts is 192. There are 63 posts is vacant for women candidates. Category wise vacancy detail is given in below.
- For the Unreserved category candidates- Total posts 88 (29 for Women)
- Vacancy for Scheduled Cast category candidates- 34 posts (11 posts reserved for Women candidate)
- Vacancy for Scheduled Tribe (ST) category candidates- 47 posts (15 posts for Women candidate)
- Vacancy for Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) category candidates- 23 posts (08 posts reserved for Women candidates)
Out of the vacancies mentioned above, 06 posts for Physically Handicapped persons, 06 posts for Ex-Servicemen and 02 posts for Sports Persons are reserved which will be adjusted against the categories to which they belong. In case of non-availability eligible women candidate(s) belonging to the respective category, the unfilled vacancies of that category shall be filled up by the suitable male candidate(s) of the same category. The exchange of reservation between SC and ST will not be considered.
Educational Qualification and other Eligibility for OPSC Prosecutor:
For the Odisha APP post, the candidate must have possessed a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University. The candidate must not be under 21 years of age and above the age of 35 years as on the 1st day of January 2017. i.e. he/she must have born not earlier than 2nd January 1982 and not later than 1st January 1996. Age relaxation shall be as per Government rules prescribed for the purpose. The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
Required Documents for OPSC Prosecutor (APP) Recruitment:
If a candidate fails to furnish any of the original certificates/documents in respect of the attested copies submitted with the application for verification on the date of interview before the interview starts, he/she shall not be allowed to appear at the interview. Candidates should attach their academic certificates with the application according to the list given below.
- High School or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board or Council.
- Intermediate (10+2)/Higher Secondary examination certificate issued by the concerned Board or Council.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate issued by the recognized University.
- L.L.B. Degree certificate issued by the recognized University.
- Mark-sheets in support of all the aforesaid examinations i.e. H.S.C. to L.L.B Degree including fail Marks if any, issued by the Board/Council/University.
- Discharge certificate of Ex-Serviceman issued by the Commanding Officer of the Unit last served and a court affidavit regarding not holding any civil post after retirement from military service.
- Required Odisha test pass certificate from the Board of Secondary Education. Odisha indicating Odia in M.E. Standard.
- The copy of Challan showing payment of fee for OPSC Prosecutor recruitment 2017.