Odisha Sub-ordinate Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) has released recruitment notification for selection of 33 vacancies of Computer Operator for the various Government department in Odisha state. As per the OSSSC notification, online application has been invited up to 21 November 2016 through official website at www.osssc.gov.in. Candidates who want to apply for these jobs must read this article completely. Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) advertisement number IIE-138/2015/3463/OSSC has been released on 19 October 2016 recruitment for the post of Computer Operator cum store keeper on contractual basis under the director of Teacher Education and SCERT, Odisha.
- 1 Instructions to Apply for OSSC Computer Operator Vacancies:
- 2 OSSC Computer Operator Application Process:
- 3 Last Date for Receipt Computer Operator Application:
- 4 Vacant Posts Details of Computer Operator Job:
- 5 Salary Structure of Computer Operator:
- 6 Age Eligibility for Computer Operator Job:
- 7 Educational Qualification for OSSC Computer Operator Job:
Instructions to Apply for OSSC Computer Operator Vacancies:
- Online application form will be available from 21 October 2016 to 20 November 2016 at OSSC official website.
- No detailed application form (DAF) is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission. Only the candidates claiming reservation under a special category such as PWD. Ex-Servicemen category candidates as well as in Service Contractual Employees claiming age relaxation and etc. shall have to submit DAF enclosing all required documents as detailed at clause-1 (c) so as to verify the same for considering their claims for Special category/In-Service contractual employee by 28 November 2016 failing which their claims will not be entertained.
- The minimum educational qualification for the post is Graduation in any discipline from any recognized University with minimum 50 percent marks along with minimum 1-year experience in computer operation.
- The contractual employees of category 1 and 2 as per G.A. department notification no. 32010/Gen dated 12 November 2013 who are less than 45 year age as on 01 January 2016 and have completed at least 1 year of continuous service as on date of the advertisement are eligible to apply for the post.
- The appointment will be initially on contractual basis carrying a consolidated pay of Rs. 5200+Grade pay Rs. 1900 in the scale of pay Rs. 5200/- to 20200+G.P. Grade pay Rs. 1900.
- The candidates applying for the post must go through the detailed advertisement and ensure that they fulfill all eligibility criteria prescribed for the post as laid down in this advertisement. Admission of a candidate for the written examination and other tests shall be provisional and would be on the basis of the information furnished by him/her in the online application form.
- If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her online application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/her candidature for the examination will be cancelled forthwith and he may be debarred from appearing any further recruitment examination conducted by OSSC either temporarily or permanently.
- Appointment to the post shall be guided by the Odisha Group-C and Group-D posts (Contractual appointment) rules notify vide G.A. department notification no.32010/Gen. dated 12 November 2013.
- No call letter / Admission letter for the recruitment at any stage shall be sent to candidates by post. The candidates are therefore advised to access to Commission’s website www.ossc.gov.in at regular interval to know about the status of their application and date of tests.
Online applications are invited from intending candidates for selection of 33 (Thirty-three) posts of Computer Operator cum Store Keeper under the director of Teacher Education and SCERT, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
OSSC Computer Operator Application Process:
The applications have to go through the detailed advertisement before filling up the online application. Aspirants have to apply online using the website of the Commission at www.ossc.gov.in. The applicants other than the category of SC, ST and PWD candidates are required to deposit examination fee of Rs. 100 (One Hundred) either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode in the Head of Account “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-examination Fees” as detailed in the clause-7 of this advertisement before proceeding to fill in the online application for the post. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ on the home page of the website, the different advertisement for online application along with different useful details will be displayed on the computer screen. The instructions provided in this advertisement are required to be read carefully before proceeding to complete the application process. There will be 2 links under “Form Links” column for each advertisement.
- For Registration
- For registered user login
All the candidates first need to complete the registration process before filling the application form. For registration, the candidate needs to click the link “For Registration” present in the form link section. On clicking the link mentioned, he/she will be redirected to the Registration Form, where few basic details will be required like- Nationality, Applicant full name, Applicant Father’s name, Applicant Mother’s Name, Name of Husband (In case of Married female applicant), Gender, 10th Standard Roll Number (As Mentioned in the Certificate), 10th Standard Year of Passing, 10th Standard Board, 10th Standard Passed Exam Type, Whether passed minimum seventh class exam in Odia language, Candidate Mobile number and E-mail address etc.
All the above fields need to be filled in mandatorily by the candidate. The candidate must submit the correct data or information in this section as the subsequent section will be automatically populated with the data filled in this section. No change in the section will be allowed after the candidate submit the ‘I Agree’ button. Once the above details are filled by the candidate, one CAPTCHA image will be shown to the candidate which he/she needs to enter correctly in the field given below and then need to check the box “I Agree” for declaration and submit the registration form. On submitting the registration form a unique application sequence no. will be generated and will be shown to the candidate on a computer screen. Application sequence No. generated will act as the user ID for the candidate. Email and SMS will be sent to the candidates through his registered email ID and mobile no. intimating the ‘User ID” and ‘Password’.
If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite examination fee, his/her candidature will be cancelled forthwith. Further, OSSC reserves the right to debar such candidates from applying for other recruitment examinations conducted by OSSC either temporarily or permanently.
Last Date for Receipt Computer Operator Application:
The last date for online submission of application in response to this advertisement is 20 November 2016. The system will be automatically disabled from 11:59 PM on 20 November 2016 of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated anymore at the candidate’s end. The candidates belonging to a special category such as PWD and Ex-Servicemen and In-Service Contractual employees claiming age relaxation and should submit the required documents as in clause 1(C) by dated 28 November 2016 failing which the claim for the special category will not be entertained.
Vacant Posts Details of Computer Operator Job:
As per requisition received from the Director Teacher Education and SCERT, Odisha, Bhubaneswar, the category wise break-up for male, Female and Trans-gender of the total number of vacancies/posts to be filled up by this recruitment are as follows:
|Name of the Post||SC||ST||SEBC||UR||Total||PWD||Ex-SM||Sports person|
|Computer Operator cum Store Keeper||5 (W-2)||7 (W-2)||4 (W-2)||17 (W-6)||33||02||01||–|
While submitting the application online, candidates should note that category (UR/SC/ST/SEBC) and special category (Ex-serviceman/PWD) once submitted in the online application is final. Any subsequent claim for a change in category or special category shall not be entertained by the Commission. The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Commission and the requisitioning authorities.
Salary Structure of Computer Operator:
The appointment of Computer Operator cum Store Keeper shall be made initially on contractual basis in a consolidated salary of Rs. 5200 (Five Thousand Two Hundred) and Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (One Thousand Nine Hundred) in the scale of pay Rs. 5200 to 20200 + Grade Pay Rs. 1900 applicable to the post as per Odisha Group-C posts (Contractual Appointment) rules, 2013 notifies vide G.A. department notification no. GAD-SC-Rules-0009-2013-32010/Gen dated 12 November 2013. The salary or pay scale of may vary according to the decision of the Government from time to time.
Age Eligibility for Computer Operator Job:
The minimum age for the post of Computer Operator cum store keeper is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01 January 2016. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC, SC, ST and Women candidates, 10 years for candidates belonging to PWE category and the total period of service rendered in defense service in case of Ex-Servicemen personnel. PWD candidates in the ST and SC category suffering from (a) blindness or Low vision (b) hearing impairment (c) locomotor disability, shall be entitled to cumulative age relaxation of 10 years over and above the normal relaxation specified for the category. However, a candidate can only avail any one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January 1984 and not later than 1st January 1995. The persons in defense forces having more than six months to retire to be discharged from the forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply for the Computer Operator post. However such candidates have to submit the discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification for considering their claims under Ex-Serviceman category.
Educational Qualification for OSSC Computer Operator Job:
The candidate applying for the post of Computer Operator must be a Graduate in any discipline from any recognized university or Institution having secured minimum 50 percent marks out of the total marks at Graduation level. Candidate must have minimum one year experience in Computer Operation from any recognized institution. Must have passed HSC or equivalent examination or have acquired any other Higher Education Degree with Odia language as a subject or have Odia as a medium of examination in non-language subjects at HSC or equivalent examination.