Uttar Pradesh Upper Subordinate Exam UPPSC 2012 solved question paper of General Studies paper (I) for forthcoming online exam practice or preparation.
- 1 Download UPPSC upper subordinate exam previous year question paper in pdf file:
- 1.1 MP PSC General Studies Solved Question Paper:
- 1.2 Solved Question Paper of PO Exam 2011:
- 1.3 UP PCS Pre Exam Solved Question Paper:
- 1.4 Download BTET Solved Question Paper in PDF:
- 1.5 Download MPPSC Solved Question Paper 2012:
- 1.6 Indian Air Force Technical Trade Solved Question Paper:
- 1.7 Previous Year Reasoning Ability Test Solved Question Paper:
Download UPPSC upper subordinate exam previous year question paper in pdf file:
1. Mahodaya in an old name of–
(A) Allahabad (B) Khajuraho
(C) Kannauj (D) Patna
2. Mughal Style of painting was started by–
(A) Jahangir (B) Akbar
(C) Shahjahan (D) Humayun
3. Who among the following is known as the ‘Father of Hindi Khadi Boli?
(A) Amir Khusrau (B) Malik Muhammad Jaisi
(C) Kabir (D) Abdul Rahim-Khan-i-Khanan
4. Who among the following prominently fought for and got widow remarriage legalized?
(A) Annie Besant (B) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
(C) M. G. Ranade (D) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
5. The Indian National Congress was formed during Governor-Generalship of–
(A) Lord Ripon (B) Lord William Bentinck
(C) Lord Dufferin (D) Lord Curzon
6. Gandhiji’s Champaran Movement was for–
(A) The Security of the rights of Harijans
(B) Civil Disobedience Movement
(C) Maintaining of unity of Hindu Society
(D) Solving the problems of Indigo worker
7. When was Gandhiji arrested in Salt Satyagraha, who took his place as leader of the movement?
(A) Abbas Tyabji (B) Abul Kalam Azad
(C) Jawahar Lal Nehru (D) Sardar Patel
8. The educational center at Delhi called Madrasah-i-Begam was established by–
(A) Gulbadan Begam (B) Maham Anaga
(C) Zia-un-Nisa (D) Zinat-un-Nisa
9. Sati system was abolished by–
(A) Lord Warren Hastings (B) Lord Wellesley
(C) Lord William Bentinck (D) Lord Ripon
10. Where was Mahatma Gandhi arrested in connection with Quit India Movement?
(A) Bombay (B) Madras
(C) Calcutta (D) New Delhi
11. When 1857 Revolt broke out, Governor-General was–
(A) Dalhousie (B) Canning
(C) Lawerence (D) Curzon
The first Battle of Panipat was fought between–
(A) Babur and Ibrahim Lodi
(B) Babur and Rana Sanga
(C) Sher Shah Suri and Akbar
(D) Humayun and Ibrahim Lodi
13. Todar Mal was associated to–
(A) Law (B) Land Revenue Reforms
(C) Literature (D) Music
14. Who among the following gave up the title of ‘Sir’ in protest against the Jallianwala Bagh incident?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi (B) Jawaharlal Nehru
(C) Rabindranath Tagore (D) Tej Bahadur Sapru
15. Which of the following Mauryan officers was in-charge of weights and measures?
(A) Pautavadhyaksha (B) Panyadhyaksha
(C) Sitadhyaksha (D) Sunadhyaksha
16. In the third Battle of Panipat Marathas were defeated by–
(A) Mughals (B) Afghans
(C) Britishers (D) Rohillas
17. The Harappan city represented by the archaeological site of Lothal was situated on the river–
(A) Narmada (B) Mahi
(C) Bhogava (D) Bhima
18. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the code given below the lists–
(a) Battle of Haldighati (b) Battle of Bilgram
(c) Revolt of Khusro (d) Battle of Kanwah
1. Babur 2. Akbar
3. Humayun 4. Jahangir
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 2 3 4 1 (B) 1 3 2 4
(C) 3 2 4 1 (D) 2 4 1 3
19. Who among the following was the 1st Law Minister of India?
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru (B) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(C) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (D) T. T. Krishnamachari
20. Bal Gangadhar Tilak was given the epithet Lokmanya during–
(A) Swadeshi Movement (B) Revolutionary Movement
(C) Home Rule Movement (D) Quit India Movement
21. In which order did the following dynasties rule Delhi? Select the correct answer from the code given below–
1. Khalji 2. Lodi
3. Sayyid 4. Slave
(A) 1, 2, 4, 3 (B) 1, 2, 3, 4
(C) 2, 3, 4, 1 (D) 4, 1, 3, 2
22. Which one of the following is considered to be the most significant battle in the establishment of British Supremacy in India?
(A) Buxar (B) Plassey
(C) Seringapattam (D) Wandiwash
23. When did Gandhiji give the slogan of ‘Swaraj in a year’?
(A) During Dandi March
(B) During Non-Cooperation Movement
(C) During Civil Disobedience Movement
(D) During Round Table Conference
24. What is the correct sequence of the following movements?
1. Civil Disobedience Movement 2. Khilafat Movement
3. Home-Rule Movement 4. Quit India Movement
Select your answer from the code given below–
(A) 1, 4, 3, 2 (B) 4, 1, 2, 3
(C) 3, 2, 1, 4 (D) 2, 4, 1, 3
25. The date April 6, 1930 is known in Indian history for–
(A) First Round Table Conference in London
(B) Non-Cooperation Movement
(C) Gandhi-Irwin Pact
(D) Mahatma Gandhi’s breaking law by making salt during Salt Satyagraha
26. Mausoleum (Dargah) of which Chisti Saint was most visited by Akbar ?
(A) Moinuddin Chisti
(B) Sheikh Nasimuddin Chirag Dehalvi
(C) Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki
(D) Sheikh Farid Sanj-ai-Shakar
27. Which one, of the following parties was in power in U. K. when India got independence ?
(A) Conservative Party (B) Labour Party
(C) Liberal Party (D) Socialist Party
28. Who was the first Lady President of the Indian National Congress ?
(A) Nalini Sen Gupta (B) Sarojini Naidu
(C) Annie Besant (D) Kadambini Bose
29. The Muslim Leagues Annual Session which gave effect to Jinnah’s Two Nation Theory was held in–
(A) Lahore (B) Karachi
(C) Bombay (D) Lucknow
30. Who among the following Sufis regarded Krishna among the Auliya?
(A) Shah Abdul Azeez (B) Shah Waliullah
(C) Shah Kalimullah (D) Muhammad Ghaus
31. The Muslim league demanded separate Pakistan for the first time in the year–
(A) 1939 (B) 1940
(C) 1941 (D) 1942
32. The English Newspaper ‘Independent’ was associated to–
(A) Mahatma Gandhi (B) C. R. Das
(C) Jawahar Lal Nehru (D) Moti Lal Nehru
33. Which of the following States of India does not have common border with Myanmar ?
(A) Assam (B) Nagaland
(C) Arunachal Pradesh (D) Mizoram
34. Which of the following is correctly matched ?
(A) Eskimo – Amazon Basin
(B) Pigmy – Irawadi Basin
(C) Bundu – Sahara
(D) Bushman – Kalahari
35. Afghanistan does not have common border with–
(A) Uzbekistan (B) Tajikistan
(C) Russia (D) Turkmenistan
36. Which one of the following statements is correct ?
(A) Greenland is the second largest (area) island in the world
(B) Nuuk is a small town of Greenland
(C) The height of Nuuk above the sea level is 3 metre
(D) Greenland belongs to U.S.A.
37. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
(A) Venezuela — Bogota
(B) New Zealand — Caracas
(C) Colombia — Wellington
(D) Cyprus — Nicosia
World’s longest Rail-road tunnel Seikan is in–
(A) China (B) South Korea
(C) Japan (D) Malaysia
39. Which of the following Islands of the Pacific Ocean belongs to Melanesia group of Islands?
(A) Soloman island (B) Gilbert island
(C) Society island (D) Marshall island
40. In which one of the following countries are Pampas Grasslands located?
(A) Paraguay (B) Bolivia
(C) Argentina (D) Uruguay
41. Which of the following areas of India receives winter rainfall?
(A) North-West (B) South-West
(C) North-East (D) South-East
42. Where the area is known as “Jangal Mahal” is situated?
(A) West Bengal (B) Jharkhand
(C) Assam (D) Bihar
43. Which of the following is a specific example of ‘Out Port’?
(A) Porbandar (B) Haldia
(C) Panaji (D) Vishakhapatnam
44. The famous Tiger Reserve ‘Sariska’ is situated in which of the following States?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Rajasthan
(C) Uttarakhand (D) Madhya Pradesh
45. The most controversial ‘Babli Project’ is situated in which of the following States?
(A) Andhra Pradesh (B) Gujarat
(C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Maharashtra
46. The first Nuclear reactor of India is named–
(A) Apsara (B) Kamini
(C) Rohini (D) Urvashi
47. The biggest producer of spices in India is–
(A) Gujarat (B) Kerala
(C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Punjab
48. The largest Milk producing country in the world is–
(A) Canada (B) Denmark
(C) England (D) India
49. The Earth is located between–
(A) Venus and Mars (B) Mars and Jupiter
(C) Venus and Jupiter (D) Mercury and Venus
50. Which of the following mountains is located in Germany?
(A) Black Forest (B) Atlas
(C) Pyrenees (D) Apennines
51. Which of the following countries is called ‘Garden of Lakes’?
(A) Poland (B) Finland
(C) Netherlands (D) Switzerland
52. Which of the following systems of rocks in India contain major deposits of Iron-ore?
(A) Gondwana System (B) Cuddapah System
(C) Dharwar System (D) Vindhyan System
53. Which one of the following rivers cuts across all the three ranges of the Himalayas ?
(A) Ravi (B) Sutlej
(C) Chenab (D) Jhelum
54. Tsunami Warning Centre in India is located in–
(A) Chennai (B) Vishakhapatnam
(C) Hyderabad (D) Port Blair
55. Which one of the following Tiger reserves of India is located in Mizoram ?
(A) Melghat (B) Buxa
(C) Dampha (D) Bhadra
56. According to Census 2011, the State having the highest density of population is–
(A) Bihar (B) Kerala
(C) Uttar Pradesh (D) West Bengal
57. According to Population Census 2011, which of the following states of India has lowest percentage of Urban Population to its total population ?
(A) Himachal Pradesh (B) Odisha
(C) Jharkhand (D) Rajasthan
58. Court Language during Mughal period was–
(A) Arabic (B) Turki
(C) Persian (D) Urdu
59. The Arthashastra of Kautilya is a–
(A) Play about Chandragupta Maurya
(C) History of Chandragupta Maurya
(D) Book on Principles of Government
60. Who succeeded Aurangzeb after his death in 1707 AD?
(A) Bahadur Shah I (B) Jahandar Shah
(C) Mohammad Shah (D) Akbar II
61. In whose reign-period the Chinese Traveller Hiuen-Tsang visited India?
(A) Chandragupta-II (B) Harsh
(C) Dhandey (D) Skandgupta
62. Which of the following temples is an example of rock cut architecture ?
(A) Shore temple, Mamalla Puram
(B) Rajarajeswara temple, Thanjavur
(C) Kailash temple, Ellora
(D) Jagannath temple, Puri
63. Aurobindo Ghosh was brilliantly defended in the Alipur cons-piracy case by–
(A) Chitta Ranjan Das (B) W. C. Banerjee
(C) Motilal Nehru (D) Tej Bahadur Sapru
64. Between whom was the ‘Treaty of Bassein’ signed in 1802 ?
(A) English and Bajirao–I
(C) English and Bajirao–II
(C) French and Bajirao–I
(D) Dutch and Bajirao–II
65. The most learned ruler of the Delhi Sultanate who was well versed in various branches of learning including Astronomy, Mathematics and Medicines was–
(A) Iltutmish (B) Alauddin Khalji
(C) Muhammad-bin-Tughlaq (D) Sikandar Lodi
66. The conquest of Sindh by British was completed during the period of–
(A) Lord Ellenborough (B) Lord Hardinge
(C) Lord Aukland (D) Lord Amherst
67. Who compared Curzon’s administration in India to that of Aurangzeb–
(A) B. G. Tilak (B) G. K. Gokhale
(C) Dadabhai Naoroji (D) Annie Besant
68. Who among the following established Delhi as the Capital of Sultanate ?
(A) Muizzuddin Muhammad Gori (B) Qutubuddin Aibak
(C) Iltutmish (D) Aram Shah
69. Where did the Indian Congress got divided into two wings–moderates and extremists ?
(A) Surat Session 1907 (B) Lahore Session 1909
(C) Calcutta Session 1911 (D) Karachi Session 1913
70. Which important event immediately preceded Jallianwala Bagh massacre ?
(A) Non-Cooperation Movement
(B) Enactment of Rowlett Act
(C) Communal Award
(D) Arrival of Simon Commission
71. According to Census 2011, which of the following statements about Uttar Pradesh are correct ?
1. The district having lowest literacy rate is Shravasti.
2. The district having the highest sex-ratio is Deoria.
3. The district having the lowest density of population is Lalitpur.
4. On the basis of Nagar Nigam area population, the most population city in the State is Kanpur.
Select the correct answer using the code given below–
(A) 1 and 2 (B) 1 and 3
(C) 2 and 4 (D) 3 and 4
72. The ‘Hot Spots’ (in context of environment) found in India are–
(A) Eastern Ghat, Western Ghat
(B) Vindhyan Range, Eastern Ghat
(C) Eastern Himalayan Range, Western Ghat
(D) Shivalik Range, Eastern Ghat
73. Which State of India recorded the negative growth-rate of the population during 2001-11?
(A) Goa (B) Kerala
(C) Karnataka (D) Nagaland
74. According to Census 2011, the most urbanized State of India is–
(A) Kerala (B) Maharashtra
(C) Tamil Nadu (D) West Bengal
75. According to Census 2011, which of the following States has the lowest density of population?
(A) Nagaland (B) Arunachal Pradesh
(C) Sikkim (D) Mizoram
76. According to population Census 2011, which of the following States has largest. a number of females per thousand males?
(A) Tamil Nadu (B) Manipur
(C) Meghalaya (D) Kerala
77. As per Census 2011, the most literate district of U.P. is–
(A) Gautam Buddha Nagar (B) Ghaziabad
(C) Kanpur Nagar (D) Lucknow
78. Which State of India has the largest percentage of its area under forest cover?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh (B) Meghalaya
(C) Mizoram (D) Nagaland
79. The decadal growth rate of population in India has been lowest during–
(A) 1961-1971 (B) 1981-1991
(C) 1991-2001 (D) 2001-2011
80. Which of the following has been designated by the UNO as a decade for 2011-20?
(A) Natural disaster decade (B) Bio-diversity decade
(C) Climate-change decade (D) Environment decade
81. The decadal growth of population was the lowest in 2011 in the State of–
(A) Andhra Pradesh (B) Bihar
(C) Tamil Nadu (D) West Bengal
82. According to Census 2011, the correct descending order of four districts of Uttar Pradesh having highest literacy rate is–
(A) Ghaziabad, Kanpur City, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Auraiya
(B) Ghaziabad, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Kanpur City, Auraiya
(C) Ghaziabad, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Auraiya, Kanpur City
(D) Ghaziabad, Kanpur City, Auraiya, Gautam Buddh Nagar
83. The final match of World Cup Cricket 2011 was played at–
(A) Delhi (B) Kolkata
(C) Mumbai (D) Mohali
84. 22nd Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhawana Award has been given to–
(A) D. R. Mehta (B) Gautam Bhai
(C) Maulana Waheeduddin Khan (D) Nirmala Deshpande
85. The 9th World Hindi Conference was held on–
(A) Chicago (B) Johannesburg
(C) London (D) New York
86. In July 2012 Enrique Pena Nieto was elected as President of–
(A) Bolivia (B) Colombia
(C) Honduras (D) Mexico
87. In which country FIFA-2014 World Cup is proposed to be held ?
(A) Argentina (B) Spain
(C) Italy (D) Brazil
88. Who are the two Indian sisters, who won medals in the World Wrestling Championship held in Edmonton, Canada in September 2012 ?
Select the correct answer from the code given below–
1. Alka 2. Babita
3. Geeta 4. Sakshi
(A) 1 and 2 (B) 2 and 3
(C) 3 and 4 (D) 1 and 4
89. The Indian Satellite GSAT-10 was successfully launched on 29-9-2012 from–
(A) Baikonur (B) Kiruna
(C) Kourou (D) Vandenberg
90. In London Olympic 2012 India won–
(A) 1 Silver and 5 Bronze Medals
(B) 2 Silver and 4 Bronze Medals
(C) 3 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals
(D) 4 Silver and 2 Bronze Medals
91. Match List-I (2012 Nobel Prize Winners) and List-II (Category).
Select the correct answer from the given below the lists–
(a) Mo Yan (b) Robert Lefkovitz
(c) Serge Haroche (d) Shinya Yamanaka
1. Chemistry 2. Medicines
3. Literature 4. Physics
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 2 3 4 1 (B) 3 1 4 2
(C) 3 2 1 4 (D) 4 2 3 1
92. With which country, India has signed Social Security Agreement in June 2012?
(A) Estonia (B) Finland
(C) Norway (D) Sweden
93. The Winner of Golden Boot award in Euro-Cup 2012 was–
(A) Cristiana Ronaldo (B) Fernando Torres
(C) Mario Balotelli (D) Mario Gomez
94. Who was India’s flag bearer at the London Olympics 2012?
(A) Mary Kom (B) Saina Nehwal
(C) Sushil Kumar (D) Vijay Kumar
95. Who among the following is the 29th Grand Master in India?
(A) Deep Sen Gupta (B) M. R. Lalit Babu
(C) M. R. Venkatesh (D) Sahaj Grover
96. Which one of the following statements is not true about GSAT-10?
(A) It was successfully launched from French Guiana on September 29, 2012
(B) It weighs about 3400 kg
(C) It carries 25 communication transponders
(D) It has an operational life of about 15 years
97. In which country FIFA-2010 World Cup was held?
(A) Argentina (B) Spain
(C) Brazil (D) South Africa
98. Which country won Gold Medal in Men’s Hockey in London Olympics 2012?
(A) Australia (B) Britain
(C) Germany (D) Netherlands
99. Who has been named the ‘ODI Cricketer of the year’ at the ICC Annual Awards function held in September 2012?
(A) Kumar Sangakkara (B) Michael Clarke
(C) M. S. Dhoni (D) Virat Kohli
100. Which two States have banned in July 2012, the production, distribution, and sale of Gutka and Panmasala?
(A) Bihar and Rajasthan (B) Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh
(C) Haryana and Jharkhand (D) Punjab and Karnataka
101. Who among the following has been given Ramon Magsaysay Award for the year 2012?
(A) Anupam Mishra (B) Dr. Binayak Sen
(C) Kulandei Francis (D) R. K. Pachauri
102. Which country has granted political asylum to WikiLeaks Chief, Julian Assange?
(A) Bolivia (B) Colombia
(C) Ecuador (D) Guyana
103. How many Foreign Satellites are proposed to be launched in the ISRO’s next PSLV stated for December 2012?
(A) 3 (B) 4
(C) 5 (D) 6
104. ‘Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan’ started recently by Government of India relates to–
(A) Making the Ganga, pollution free
(B) Making the Environment pollution free
(C) Making the Urban areas of the country pollution free
(D) Ending the Open Latrine System in Rural areas
105. ‘Yellow Revolution’ is related with–
(A) Floriculture (B) Fish culture
(C) Rape seed-Mustard production (D) Wheat production
106. ‘Lalit’ is an improved variety of–
(A) Mango (B) Guava
(C) Banana (D) Strawbery
107. National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) is located at–
(A) New Delhi (B) Hyderabad
(C) Nagpur (D) Nainital
108. Crop Insurance Scheme in India was started in–
(A) 1945 (B) 1980
(C) 1985 (D) 1988
109. Preferred variety of Mango for export is–
(A) Dashahri (B) Langra
(C) Alphanso (D) Amrapali
110. Which of the following controls the working of Share Market in India ?
(A) FEMA (B) SEBI
(C) MRTP Act (D) None of the above
111. Term ‘Balance of Payment’ is used in relation to which of the following ?
(A) Annual sale of a factory (B) Tax collection
(C) Exports and Imports (D) None of the above
112. ‘Dalal Street’ is situated at–
(A) New Delhi (B) London
(C) Mumbai (D) Paris
113. The Public Sector undertaking included in ‘Navratna’ is–
(A) SAIL (B) GAIL
(C) MTNL (D) All of the above
114. The descending order of the following States from the point of view of wheat production in the country is–
(A) Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar
(B) Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar
(C) Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Haryana
(D) Haryana, Rajasthan, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh
115. Which one of the following crops can be grown in all the three seasons of the year ?
(A) Sunflower (B) Safflower
(C) Mustard (D) Linseed
116. First Agricultural University in India was established at–
(A) Pantnagar (B) Ludhiana
(C) Jabalpur (D) Kanpur
117. Central Food Technological Research Institute is located at–
(A) Bengaluru (B) Mysore
(C) Chennai (D) Hyderabad
118. In India the largest area of Saline soil is found in the State of–
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Haryana
(C) Gujarat (D) Maharashtra
119. The average cropping intensity of India is about–
(A) 110 percent (B) 135 percent
(C) 160 percent (D) 185 percent
120. The contribution of agriculture at present in National G.D.P. is approximately–
(A) 18% (B) 23%
(C) 25% (D) 28%
121. Which one of the following States has largest area under Soybean cultivation ?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Bihar
(C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Maharashtra
122. Handbook of Agriculture is published from–
(A) I.A.R.I. (B) I.C.A.R.
(C) U.P.C.A.R. (D) I.C.S.I.R.
123. Rourkela Steel Plant was established in collaboration with–
(A) United Kingdom (B) Russia
(C) U.S.A. (D) Germany
124. VAT is imposed–
(A) On the first stage of production
(B) Directly on consumer
(C) On all stages between production and final sale
(D) On final stage of production
125. Indian Meteorological Department is established at–
(A) New Delhi (B) Nagpur
(C) Jodhpur (D) Pune
126. In Uttar Pradesh, the first Viklang Viswa Vidyalaya has been established at–
(A) Banda (B) Kanpur
(C) Chitrakoot (D) Sonbhadra
127. In Uttar Pradesh Mid-day-meal program was started in the year–
(A) 1985 (B) 1990
(C) 1995 (D) 1997
128. In Uttar Pradesh ‘Rani Laxmibai Dam Project’ has been constructed on the river–
(A) Ghagra (B) Betwa
(C) Sone (D) Chambal
129. Kanhaiyalal Maniklal Central Hindi Institute is situated at–
(A) Agra (B) Bareilly
(C) Gorakhpur (D) Meerut
130. Who has unanimously been elected speaker of the 16th Uttar Pradesh Assembly?
(A) Sukhdeo Rajbhar (B) Mata Prasad Pandey
(C) Syed Ahmad Bukhari (D) Naresh Uttam
131. Who among the following acted as President of Indian National Congress for six consecutive years?
(A) Dadabhai Naoroji (B) Abul Kalam Azad
(C) Gopal Krishna Gokhale (D) Jawaharlal Nehru
132. Among the following, which area of Uttar Pradesh is maximum flood affected?
(A) Western area (B) Eastern area
(C) Middle area (D) Northern area
133. Consider the following statements and find out the correct answer using the code given below–
Assertion (A): In Uttar Pradesh, Shiksha Mitra Yojna, provides an opportunity to village youth force to serve by their own village-education.
Reason (R): Its purpose is to maintain teacher-student ratio according to norms.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
134. In Uttar Pradesh when ‘Go to School Campaign’ for primary education, was started?
(A) In the year 1999 (B) In the year 2000
(C) In the year 2001 (D) In the year 2002
135. In Uttar Pradesh maximum percentage of workers are engaged in–
(A) Agriculture field (B) Industry field
(C) Service field (D) Industry and Service field
136. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Sacred Tourist place of Kabir panthi – Maghar
(B) Place of eternal happiness of Lord Buddha – Kushinagar
(C) Grave of Sufi Sant Haji Waris Ali Shah – Deva Sharif
(D) Place of devotion of 88 thousand Rishis – Sankisa
137. G. T. Road does not pass from–
(A) Allahabad (B) Agra
(C) Aligarh (D) Mughal Sarai
138. In India which State has the largest representation in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Madhya Pradesh
(C) Maharashtra (D) Andhra Pradesh
139. According to 2011 Census, figures, which among the following Districts in Uttar Pradesh has the lowest female literacy?
(A) Ballia (B) Deoria
(C) Gorakhpur (D) Rampur
140. Famous ‘Chirkula’ dance is associated with–
(A) Avadh (B) Bundelkhand
(C) Brij Bhumi (D) Rohilkhand
141. The main Commercial Crop of Uttar Pradesh is–
(A) Oilseeds (B) Cotton
(C) Sugarcane (D) Jute
142. In Uttar Pradesh on the occasion of Holi festival, ‘Latthmar Holi is celebrated at–
(A) Brindavan (B) Barsana
(C) Mathura (D) Gokul
143. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the code given below the lists–
List–I (Lok Geet)
(a) Birha (b) Rasia
(c) Alha (d) Kajari
1. Brij Bhumi 2. Bundelkhand
3. Poorvanchal 4. Avadh
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 3 4 (B) 4 3 1 2
(C) 3 1 2 4 (D) 2 4 1 3
144. In Uttar Pradesh, the highest production of ‘Aonla’ comes from–
(A) Rae Bareli District (B) Pratapgarh District
(C) Sultanpur District (D) Faizabad District
145. Railway Coach factory in Uttar Pradesh is being established at–
(A) Rae Bareli (B) Noida
(C) Kanpur (D) Amethi
146. Yamuna Expressway runs between–
(A) Noida to Greater Noida (B) Greater Noida to Agra
(C) Lucknow to Agra (D) Agra to Allahabad
147. Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
(A) Biotechnology Park – Lucknow
(B) Tronica City – Noida
(C) Plastic City – Kanpur
(D) Leather Technology Park – Unnao
148. Indian Grassland and Forest Research Institute is located at–
(A) Bahraich (B) Ranchi
(C) Jhansi (D) Patna
149. Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
(A) Amir Khusro – Etah
(B) Mirza Ghalib – Agra
(C) Josh – Malihabad
(D) Jigar – Gorakhpur
150. Begam Samru built a very famous Church in–
(A) Mount Abu (B) Nainital
(C) Sardhana(D) Kanpur