Download IBPS Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) Officers exam 2012 General Knowledge solved question paper. Online exam preparation website gives you pdf download option of all documents, notes and question papers. Given below is IBPS RRB Officer Scale previous exam GK solved paper. Candidates who are going to participate in IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB Officer Scale exam and SBI SO exams they must check this question paper. It will help to know about question paper pattern. You can also preparation online through quiz test or mock test for banking exam preparation.
IBPS RRB Previous Exam GK Solved Paper:
1.Major producer of mulberry silk in India is–
(A) Jammu and Kashmir (B) Jharkhand (C) Karnataka
(D) Assam (E) Himachal Pradesh Answer : (C)
2. We come across the term ‘PPP’ in the financial news nowadays. What does ‘PPP’ represent?
(A) Personal Per capital Power (B) Private Public Partnership
(C) Per capital Potential for Purchases (D) Present Purchasing Power
(E) Pure Purchase Parity Answer : (B)
3. Many times we read the term ‘ECB’ in newspapers. What is the full form of ‘ECB’?
(A) Essential Commercial Banking (B) European Credit Borrowing
(C) External Credit for Business (D) External Commercial Borrowing
(E) None of these Answer : (D)
4. What is meant by financial inclusion?
(A) Making available banking services at an affordable cost (B) Opening Savings Accounts in rural areas without any deposit
(C) Opening any type of account without introduction (D) Distributing money through rural branches
(E) Distributing wages through bank accounts Answer : (B)
5. Which one of these countries is the largest producer of milk products in the world?
(A) USA (B) China (C) India
(D) New Zealand (E) None of these Answer : (C)
6. Which of the following is the most important rabi crop of India?
(A) Rice (B) Millet (C) Sugarcane
(D) Groundnut (E) Mustard Answer : (A)
7. Who is the regulatory authority for insurance business in India?
(A) RBI (B) IRDP (C) SEBI
(D) NABARD (E) IRDA Answer : (E)
8. What is money laundering?
(A) Conversion of assets into cash (B) Conversion of illegally obtained money into accountable money
(C) Conversion of assets into cash (D) Conversion of gold into cash
(E) one of these Answer : (B)
9. Golden revolution refers to the development of which of the following agricultural products?
(A) Oilseeds (B) Pulses (C) Horticultural products
(D) Cereals (E) Fodder Answer : (C)
10. Which programme was launched by Government of India to improve irrigation facilities in rural India?
(A) Annapurna Scheme (B) National Social Assistance Programme
(C) Integrated Rural Development Programme (D) Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
(E) National Watershed Development Programme Answer : (E)
11. Montek Singh Ahluwalia is holding which of the following positions at present?
(A) Chairman of Planning Commission (B) Governor of RBI
(C) Secretary of UNO (D) Economic Adviser to Prime Minister
(E) Dy. Chairman of Planning Commission Answer : (E)
12. Bird flu is a disease which affects and spreads through–
(A) Cattle (B) Sheep (C) Prawn
(D) Silkworm (E) Poultry Answer : (E)
13. Which country won the Davis Cup Tennis Tournament 2011 held in December 2011?
(A) Argentina (B) USA (C) Australia
(D) Jaipur (E) Spain Answer : (E)
14. Who among the following cricketers recently became the 10th Batsman to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket?
(A) Mahela Jayawardene (B) Vijay Zol (C) Yuvraj Singh
(D) Younis Khan (E) Umar Akmal Answer : (A)
15. The Collective Security Treaty Organisation (CSTO) Summit took place in December 2011 in–
(A) Tokyo (B) Moscow (C) New Delhi
(D) Paris (E) Perth Answer : (B)
16. Who represented India in the 12th Consecutive Annual India-Russia Summit held in December 2011?
(A) Smt. Pratibha Patil (B) Manmohan Singh (C) Smt. Sonia Gandhi
(D) Sri S. M. Krishna (E) None of these Answer : (B)
17. Which of the following currencies is used in Britain ?
(A) Pound (B) Dollar (C) Euro
(D) France (E) Pesso Answer : (A)
18. Which of the following cups/ trophies is associated with the game of Football ?
(A) Grand Prix (B) Rangaswami Cup (C) Wimbledon Trophy
(D) FIFA Cup (E) Ranji Trophy Answer : (D)
19. The head office of the Bank of Maharashtra is located in which of the following cities ?
(A) Kolkata (B) New Delhi (C) Pune
(D) Ahmedabad (E) Mumbai Answer : (C)
20. Which country hosted the summit of SAARC nations in the year 2011 ?
(A) India (B) Bangladesh (C) Nepal
(D) Maldives (E) Pakistan Answer : (D)
21. Which of the following terms is not used in the field of Economics ?
(A) Balance of Trade (B) Break Even Point (C) Plasma
(D) Capital Account Convertibility (E) Fiscal Deficit Answer : (C)
22. “Carbon credit” is concerned with which one of these internationally sensitive issues ?
(A) Deforestation (B) Contract farming (C) Rural infrastructure
(D) Diamond trading (E) Protection of environment Answer : (E)
23. Which of the following terms is used in the game of cricket ?
(A) Half Nelson (B) Love (C) Backhand Drive
(D) Penalty Stroke (E) Clean Bowled Answer : (E)
24. India recently signed a Currency Swap Agreement with which of the following countries?
(A) USA (B) Pakistan (C) Japan
(D) Germany (E) Australia Answer : (C)
25. What is the full form of the term ASBA?
(A) Allotment Supported by Blocked Amount (B) Application Supported by Bank Amount
(C) Allotment Supported by Bank Account (D) Application Supported by Blocked Amount
(E) Allotment and Social Banking Amount Answer : (D)
26. Dipika Pallikal who won an international tournament recently in Hong Kong is a–
(A) Golf player (B) Badminton player (C) Squash player
(D) Swimmer (E) Table Tennis player Answer : (C)
27. The term “Deficit Financing” meAnswer the Government borrows money from the–
(A) IMF (B) Local bodies (C) RBI
(D) Large corporates (E) Public at large Answer : (C)
28. Regional Rural Banks–
(A) have limited area of operation and access to refinance from NABARD. (B) are required to lend only to weaker sections.
(C) are mandated to do only narrow banking (D) can only extend agricultural loans.
(E) have unrestricted area of operation. Answer : (A)
29. Ms Christine Lagarde is holding which of the following positions at present ?
(A) Chief of Asian Development Bank (B) Chief of International Monetary Fund
(C) Chancellor of Germany (D) Chief of Morgan Stanley
(E) Chief of World Bank Answer : (B)
30. What is the present reverse repo rate ?
(A) 7.5% (B) 8.5% (C) 8%
(D) 6.5% (E) one of these Answer : (C)
31. General Assembly elections were held in which of the following North East state in January 2012 ?
(A) Assam (B) Meghalaya (C) Arunachal Pradesh
(D) Manipur (E) Tripura Answer : (D)
32. What is the full form of the term FDI–
(A) Foreign Direct Investment (B) Foreign Diverse Investment
(C) Fixed Deposit Investment (D) Floating Deposit Investment
(E) Financial Derivatives in India Answer : (A)
33. The erstwhile UTI Bank is presently known as–
(A) ING Vysya Bank (B) Yes Bank (C) Indus Ind Bank
(D) Axis Bank (E) IDBI Answer : (D)
34. Which of the following telecom giants recently won its case against the Income Tax Department?
(A) Bharti Airtel (B) Vodafone (C) Idea Cellular
(D) Reliance Communications (E) Tata Telecom Answer : (B)
35. Which of the following countries recently attained the status of world’s sixth largest economy ?
(A) Russia (B) Japan (C) China
(D) India (E) Brazil Answer : (E)
36. Which of the following countries decided to withdraw from Kyoto Protocol ?
(A) Canada (B) Russia (C) India
(D) USA (E) China Answer : (A)
37. Which of the following is not a Banking or Finance Company ?
(A) Barclay (B) Lufthansa (C) BNP Paribas
(D) American Express (E) HSBC Answer : (B)
38. India and Russia were having some differences over which of the following nuclear power plants?
(A) Kaiga (B) Kudankulam (C) Rawatbhata
(D) Narora (E) None of these Answer : (B)
39. Excise Duty is a tax levied on which of the following ?
(A) Production of goods (B) Purchase of goods (C) Export of goods
(D) Movement of goods beyond municipal limits (E) Sale of goods Answer : (A)
40. India and Pakistan started fresh talks on conventional CBM – was the news in all major newspapers. What does the letter ‘M’ denote in the term ‘CBM’ as used above ?
(A) Money (B) Mechanism (C) Modalities
(D) Measures (E) Memorial Answer : (E)
41. Which of the following is the unit of electrical current?
(A) Bar (B) Calorie (C) Ampere
(D) Decibel (E) Angstrom Answer : (C)
42. ‘Global Meet on Emerging Economies’ was organised in December 2011 in–
(A) New Delhi (B) Dhaka (C) Islamabad
(D) Kathmandu (E) Cape Town Answer : (A)
43. Which of the following awards is given to the coaches of sportspersons ?
(A) Kalidas Samman (B) Dronacharya Award (C) Arjuna Award
(D) Dada Saheb Phalke Award (E) Saraswati Samman Answer : (B)
44. Which of the following countries recently agreed to sell Uranium to India?
(A) Australia (B) USA (C) Iran
(D) Germany (E) Bangladesh Answer : (A)
45. Which of the following schemes launched by the Government of India is aimed at developing rural infrastructure?
(A) MNREGA (B) ASHA (C) Bharat Nirman
(D) Operation Flood (E) Operation Blackboard Answer : (C)
46. Who among the following is a famous sports person ?
(A) Dhanush (B) Saina Nehwal (C) Charles Correa
(D) Ajit Singh (E) Kim Jong-un Answer : (B)
47. Speed of a ship is expressed in–
(A) Kilometre (B) Horsepower (C) Ohm
(D) Knot (E) Coulomb Answer : (D)
48. USA and some other European countries recently imposed fresh sanctions on which of the following countries as they are not in favour of its nuclear advancement?
(A) Iraq (B) Pakistan (C) India
(D) Iran (E) Kuwait Answer : (D)
49. Who among the following has written book ‘Dr. Zhivago’ ?
(A) Pearl S. Buck (B) H. G. Wells (C) Saul Bellow
(D) Emile Zola (E) Boris Pasternak Answer : (D)
50. Yoshihiko Noda who was on a visit to India recently is the present Prime Minister of–
(A) Myanmar (B) South Korea (C) North Korea
(D) Japan (E) None of these Answer : (D)