Online exam preparation and GK test of UP Combined Lower Subordinate previous exam 2008 solved question paper and quiz test. Do you need a solution question sheet of the past year’s examination? If so, then we are presenting here the solved question papers of Uttar Pradesh “Lower Subordinate Exam” last year. This question paper will definitely help you prepare for the upcoming examinations.
Download UP Lower Subordinate Solved Paper in pdf:
1. Power of Magadha was extended over the Malwa region during the reign period of—
2. Which of the following pairs do not match? Find your answer with the help of given code—
1. British India Society— London
2. East India Association— Kolkata
3. National India Association— London
4. Indian Association— Mumbai
Codes :(A) 1 and 2
(B) 3 and 4
(C) 1 and 3
(D) 2 and 4
3.The legend of Udayana and Vasavdatta is related to—
4. Which of the following laid the foundation of image worship in the country?
(D) Vedic religion
Who had established ‘India Independence League’?
(A) Subhash Chandra Bose
(B) Ras Behari Ghosh
(C) Surendranath Bannerjee
(D) Ras Behari Bose
6. Nana Saheb’s Commander-in-Chief was—
(B) Birjis Qadir
(C) Tantia Tope
(D) None of the above
7. Which one of the following is not associated with the Court of Kanishka?
8. A horned deity engraved on a terracotta cake has been recovered from—
9. Kalsi is famous for—
(A) Buddhist Chaityas
(B) Persian Coins
(C) Rock-edicts of Ashoka
(D) Temples of Gupta period
10. Navda-toli was excavated by—
(A) K. D. Bajpai
(B) V. S. Wakankar
(C) H. D. Sankalia
(D) Mortimer Wheeler
11. The division of Mauryan Society into seven classes is particularly mentioned in—
(A) Kautilya’s Arthasashtra
(B) Ashokan edicts
(C) The Puranas
(D) Megasthenes’ Indica
12. Which Urdu newspaper was started by Lajpat Rai from Lahore in 1920?
(A) Bande Mataram
(D) Vir Arjun
13. Who called the Indian National Congress as a ‘Begging Institute’?
(A) B. C. Pal
(C) Aurobindo Ghosh
(D) None of them
14. Which of the following Indian leaders did not support the Khilafat movement ?
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(B) Madan Mohan Malviya
(C) Mohammad Ali
(D) Swami Shraddhanand
15. Match List-I with List-II—
(a) India League
(b) Indian Association
(c) Bhartiya Rashtriya Udar Sangh
(d) United India Patriotic Association
1. Shishirkumar Ghosh
2. Anand Mohan Bose
3. Saiyyed Ahmad Khan
4. Surendra Nath Banerjee
Find your answer with the help of given codes—
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 3 4 2
(B) 2 1 4 3
(C) 3 2 4 1
(D) 1 2 4 3
16. One Governor-General took part in one of the Congress Sessions. Identify the Governor General and place where the Session was held.
(A) Lord Irwin → Karachi – 1931
(B) Lord Wellington → Bombay – 1915
(C) Lord Dufferin → Bombay – 1885
(D) Lord Hardinge → Lucknow – 1916
17. Who amongst the following were responsible for the formation of the Independence for India League in 1928 ?
1. Jawahar Lal Nehru
2. Subhash Chandra Bose
3. Acharya Narendra Dev
4. Jaya Prakash Narayan
Choose your answer from given codes—
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 2, 3 and 4
(C) 1 and 2
(D) 3 and 4
18. Who was the Convenor of All India Congress Socialist Party at Patna in 1934 ?
(A) Acharya Narendra Dev
(B) Achyuta Patvardhan
(C) Jaya Prakash Narayan
(D) Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia
Which dynasty of rulers is associated with the construction of famous Kailasha Temple of Ellora ?
20. Who of the following was associated with the collection of revenue in Mauryan Mantriparishad ?
21. Which river was the heartland of Pandya’s Kingdom ?
22. A bomb was thrown on the occasion of his State entry into Delhi at—
(A) Lord Curzon
(B) Lord Mayo
(C) Lord Minto
(D) Lord Hardinge
23. Aurobindo Ghosh wrote—
(A) Extremist movement
(B) Moderate movement
(D) The Divine Life
24. Sarnath Stambh was built by—
(C) Gautam Buddha
25. Saddler Commission was associated with—
(B) Revenue Administration
(D) Police Administration
26. Damodar is a tributary of river—
27. Which of the following would you generally associate with Tornadoes ?
(A) Gulf of Mexico
(B) China Sea
(C) Indian Ocean
(D) U. S. A.
28. The benefits of which one of the following river valley projects are shared by more than one State?
(A) Chambal Valley Project
(B) Hirakud Project
(C) Mayurakshi Project
(D) Sharavati Project
29. Which of the following Latitudes (North or South) would you associate with ‘Horse Latitudes’?
30. Which of the following is an example of Residual Mountains?
31. Which one of the following would you associate with metamorphic rocks?
32. Which one of the following currents is not a cold current?
(A) California current
(B) Japanese current
(C) Labrador current
(D) Falkland current
33. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the codes given below the lists—
(a) Brajraj Nagar
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 3 4 1 2
(C) 4 1 3 2
(D) 4 3 2 1
34. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the codes given below—
(a) Mineral Oil
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 2 1 4
(B) 2 1 4 3
(C) 4 3 1 2
(D) 3 4 2 1
35. Who wrote Dashkumaracharita?
36. The SultAnswerof which dynasty ruled the country for the longest period?
(A) Khalji dynasty
(B) Lodi dynasty
(C) Slave dynasty
(D) Tughlaq dynasty
37. Who of the following among the Nine Gems of Chandragupta was associated with Astrology?
38. Which of the following places was the capital of Satvahanas?
(B) Nagarjuna Konda
(C) Shakal or Sialkot
39. Which of the following factories of Bengal was established by the Dutch?
40. More than half of the country’s production of rice comes from the four States of—
(A) West Bengal, Punjab, Tamil Nadu and Orissa
(B) West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Andhra Pradesh
(C) Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh and Assam
(D) Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar and Orissa
41. Cardamom hills lie along the border of the States of—
(A) Karnataka and Tamil Nadu
(B) Karnataka and Kerala
(C) Kerala and Tamil Nadu
(D) Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh
42. Sangam Yojna is associated with—
(A) Provision of clean drinking water
(B) Provision for cleaning of rivers
(C) Promoting communal harmony
(D) Helping the invalids
43. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan covers—
(A) All children in age group 3–10
(B) All children in age group 4–8
(C) All children in age group 5–15
(D) All children in age group 6–14
44. Identify the country with which India has decided to strengthen security ties (July 2010) and with which joint army exercises were held in June 2010, joint naval exercises held thereafter and joint airforce exercises were held in October 2010—
45. India’s largest shipbreaking yard is located in Gujarat at—
46. Bramha Kamal is naturally found in—
(A) Kaziranga forests
(B) Nilgiri forests
(C) Silent Valley
(D) Valley of flowers
47. Rohan Bopanna of India defeated Ricardo Mello in the final singles in Davis Cup in September 2010. Ricardo Mello belongs to which country ?
48. Sushil Kumar became the first Indian to win a Gold Medal in a World Wrestling Championship in September 2010. His opponent belonged to which country in the finals ?
49. According to a report released in July 2010, in which country world’s biggest solar power station has been opened ?
50. The first fully literate district, outside the State of Kerala, is—
(A) Chingelpattu, Tamil Nadu
(B) Merkata, Karnataka
(C) Nasik, Maharashtra
(D) Vardhaman, West Bengal
51. Mary Kom of India won her fifth successive world title at 2010 Women’s World Boxing Championship by defeating Steluta Duta who belonged to which country ?
52. In the context of space technology what is ‘BHUVAN’ recently in the news ?
(A) The name of the space vehicle proposed to be sent to the moon to probe possible human habitation there
(B) A satellite launched by ISRO promoting distant education India
(C) A space telescope developed by India
(D) A geo-portal of ISRO with 3D imaging capabilities
53. Muscle fatigue in humans occurs due to the accumulation of—
(A) Lactic acid
(B) Pyruvic acid
(C) Oxalic acid
(D) Uric acid
54. In any State of India, Legislative Council can be created or can be abolished by—
(A) The President on the recommendation of the Governor of the State
(B) The Parliament
(C) The Parliament as per Resolution passed by the Legislative Assembly of the State
(D) The Governor on the recommendation of the Council of Ministers
Centre-State financial relations in India are governed on the recommendation of the—
(A) Constitution of India
(B) Planning Commission
(C) Finance Commission
(D) National Development Council
56. ‘Marriage’, ‘Divorce’ and ‘Adoption’ are an entry in the Seventh Schedule of the Constitution under the following—
(A) List I – Union List
(B) List II – State List
(C) List III – Concurrent List
(D) None of these three lists
57. Who was the founder of ‘Bahujan Samaj’ ?
(A) Shri Narayana Guru
(B) Mukundrao Patil
(C) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(D) V. R. Shinde
58. Which one of the following constitutes the Quorum of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha ?
(A) 1/10 of the total members
(B) 1/8 of the total members
(C) 1/6 of the total members
(D) 1/5 of the total members
59. With which of the following would you associate village Tembhli which was in the news in September 2010 ?
(A) Mass suicides of farmers
(B) Project JUGNU
(C) Project Aadhaar
(D) None of these
60. ‘The Nuclear Power Corporation of India is now in a position to sell “Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors” (PHWRs) to other countries.’ The reactors in question would be of capacity—
(A) 200 MWe or 500 MWe
(B) 240 MWe or 540 MWe
(C) 220 MWe or 500 MWe
(D) 440 MWe or 700 MWe
61. Plachimada which has been in news for immense damage to its environment, lies in—
(D) Tamil Nadu
62. By the development of Krishnapatnam Port, which of the following States would be most benefitted ?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu
63. As per new subsidised Central Loan Scheme finalised by HRD Ministry what limit has been fixed for parental annual income to be entitled to full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium ?
(A) Less than Rs. 5 Lacs
(B) Less than Rs. 4 Lacs
(C) Less than Rs. 4•5 lacs
(D) Less than Rs. 5•5 lacs
64. Recently according to a news item, mineral reserves worth $ 1 trillion have been found in Afghanistan. Identify the most important mineral which has been compared to oil-find in Iran.
65. Aircraft maker Boeing of USA have manufactured a special spy plane which is solar powered and will be able to fly non-stop for more than 5 years. It has been named—
(A) Solar Aircraft
(B) Solar Bird
(C) Solar Kite
(D) Solar Eagle
66. With Jaipur’s ‘Jantar Mantar’ being granted World Heritage site status by UNESCO, how many sites in India till August 2010 have been granted this status ?
67. What is the name of the US solar-powered unmanned aerial vehicle which remained airborne continuously for two weeks in July 2010, breaking several aviation records ?
68. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the codes given below the lists—List-I
2. Intensity of Earthquake
3. Rate of Flow
Codes :(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 3 4 2 1
(C) 4 3 2 1
(D) 3 4 1 2
69. Which one of the following is used as the coolant in the ‘Fast Breeder Test Reactor’ at Kalpakkam?
(A) Carbon dioxide
(B) Heavy water
(D) Molten sodium
70. Artificial light can—
(A) Destroy chlorophyll
(B) Synthesise chlorophyll
(C) Bring about photosynthesis
(D) Not bring about photosynthesis
71. An iron ball is heated. The percentage increase will be largest in its—
(B) Surface area
72. If a magnet is cut into two pieces of equal length—
(A) Both pieces will lose their magnetism
(B) One piece will act as a North pole and the other as a South pole
(C) One of the pieces will lose its magnetism
(D) Both the pieces will behave as complete magnets
73. Which of the following alloys has a maximum percentage of copper?
(C) German Silver
74. Sound travels fastest in—
75. The bones are held together by elastic tissues are called—
(B) Fibrous tissues
(D) Muscular tissues
76. Of the two bulbs in a house, one glows brighter than the other. In this context which of the following statements is correct?
(A) The bright bulb has larger resistance
(B) The dim bulb has larger resistance
(C) Both the bulbs have same resistance
(D) The brightness does not depend on the resistance
77. As per World Development Report 2008 of the World Bank, arrange the following countries according to the size of their economy in descending order and state which one of the following is the correct order?
(A) China > USA > UK > India
(B) UK > China > USA > India
(C) China > UK > USA > India
(D) USA > China > UK > India
78. Consider the following statements about Sugar Industry—
1. In world, India’s share in sugar production is over 15 percent.
2. Sugar industry is the second largest agro-based industry in India.
3. India is the largest consumer of sugar.
4. India is the largest producer of sugar.
Of these statements—
(A) 1 and 2 are correct
(B) 3 and 4 are correct
(C) 2 and 3 are correct
(D) 1 and 4 are correct
79. Poverty in India has been defined in terms of—
(A) Standard of living of the people
(B) Income of the family
(C) Calorie intake
(D) Number of members in a family
80. All of the following diseases are caused by virus except—
81. Aam Admi Bima Yojna provides social security to—
(A) All laborers in rural areas
(B) All landless laborers living below the poverty line in rural areas
(C) All laborers in urban areas
(D) All laborers in both rural and urban areas
82. According to a policy decision taken by Central Government, the Centre will bear what percentage of expenditure effectively under the “Right of children to Free Education”?
83. ‘National Social Assistant program’ is aimed at—
(A) Insurance for poor
(B) Old age pension to very poor
(C) Financial support to Scheduled Castes and Tribes
(D) All of the above
84. Tejaswini Sawant won the gold medal of world championships with world record-equaling score at Munich. Which sport did she take part?
How many members are there in the Collective Security Treaty Organisation, a defence bloc of former Soviet States?
86. As per Family Welfare Statistics for 2009 released recently by the Union Health Ministry, life expectancy at birth in India for 2006-2010 is—
(A) Males 75•2 and Females 78•6
(B) Males 72•4 and Females 76•3
(C) Males 69•8 and Females 72•3
(D) Males 65•8 and Females 68•1
87. A 999 km oil pipeline has been completed recently (Aug-Sept. 2010) between Russia and China. It will start from Angarsk in Russia and will go to which place in China?
88. A Canadian student has developed a human-powered aircraft that can fly continuously by flapping its wings. It has been named as—
(C) Air bird
(D) None of these
89. According to International Energy Agency, which country has emerged as the world’s largest energy consumer in 2009?
(C) China with Hong Kong
90. Which one of the following is not correct about the ‘National Rural Health Mission’?
(A) The program was launched during the Eleventh Plan
(B) Focus of the programme is a functional health system at all levels from village to district
(C) Drinking water and sanitation are main components of the programme
(D) Departments of Health and Family Welfare in the States have been merged with the programme
91. The objectives of ‘Jawahar Rojgar Yojna’ is to—
(A) Provide employment to youth in rural areas
(B) Create employment opportunities for unemployed persons
(C) Strengthen the rural economic and social structure
(D) All of the above
92. If a new State of the Indian Union is to be created, which one of the following Schedules of the Constitution must be amended ?
(A) Fifth Schedule
(B) Third Schedule
(C) Second Schedule
(D) First Schedule
93. What was the exact Constitutional Status of the Indian Republic on 26.1.1950 when the Constitution came into force?
(A) A Democratic Republic
(B) A Sovereign Democratic Republic
(C) A Sovereign Secular Democratic Republic
(D) A Sovereign Socialist Secular Democratic Republic
94. Vote on account in the Parliament is necessary—
(A) When Government expenditure is more than Government revenue
(B) For financing big projects in which huge amount of money is required
(C) When regular budget is not expected to be passed in time
(D) None of the above
95. Which one of the following is not a Directive Principle of State policy ?
The State shall seek to secure—
(A) Equal pay for equal work for men and women
(B) Equal right to an adequate means of livelihood
(C) Abolition of untouchability
(D) Just and human conditions of work
96. Protection of which one of the following is a Fundamental Duty of an Indian citizen?
(A) Village Panchayat
(B) National Flag
(C) Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes
(D) Wild Life
97. The correct sequence in descending order of leading producers of petroleum, in the Middle East is—
(A) Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia
(B) Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait
(C) Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Iran
(D) Saudi Arabia, Iran, Kuwait, Iraq
98. Which amongst the following States/UTs in India has the largest percentage of its geographical area under forest cover?
(B) Andaman and Nicobar
99. Given below are four States; find out which amongst them had least sex ratio as per 2001 Census—
(B) Tamil Nadu
100. Which one of the following is not a correct statement?
(A) Cocoa cultivation is popular in Ghana
(B) Coffee is an important plantation crop in Brazil
(C) Sri Lanka is famous for the production of tea
(D) Sugarcane is the major plantation crop of Malaysia