Download UPTET exam 2013 solved question paper in pdf format. Exam held on 22 February 2015 of UPTET. These questions important for upcoming government competitive exam preparation. You can download this question paper in pdf format. Find more study material for TET and CTET exam preparation to given links.
UPTET Previous Year Exam Solved Question Paper:
1.Who used the word ‘Plate’ for the first time?
(A) Arthur Holmes (B) Tuzo Wilson (C) Le Pichon (D) Harry Hess (Answer :B)
2. The writer of the book ‘Geographia Generalis’s is–
(A) Varenius (B) Cluverius (C) Humboldt (D) Kant (Answer : A)
3. The place situated on the surface, where earthquake is felt first–
(A) epicentre (B) focus (C) centripetal (D) None of these (Answer : A)
4. Where is found the best example of karst topography?
(A) Yugoslavia (B) France (C) Mexico (D) China (Answer : A)
5. Economic geography is the branch of which subject?
(A) Human geography (B) Physical geography
(C) Urban geography (D) Political geography (Answer : A)
6. Tell the wrong pair of the places and their industries–
(A) Titagarh – Jute industry (B) Mumbai – Iron and steel industry
(C) Korba – Aluminium (D) Dhariwal – Woolen textile (Answer : B)
7. ‘Mona Loa’ is an active volcano of–
(A) Hawaie islands (B) Alaska (C) Italy (D) Japan (Answer : A)
8. Which of the following soils of India is most suitable for cotton cultivation?
(A) Regur soil (B) Laterite soil (C) Alluvial soil (D) Red soil (Answer : A)
9. Who has said that “Landscape is a function of structure, process and stage”?
(A) Walter Penck (B) W. M. Davis (C) G. K. Gilbert (D) L. C. King (Answer : B)
10. Which of the following waterfalls of India is located in Goa ?
(A) Landshing Falls (B) Dhunwadhar Falls
(C) Dudhsagar Falls (D) Nokhalikai Falls (Answer : C)
11. Which of the following Ocean currents does not belong to Indian Ocean ?
(A) Agluhas current (B) Mozambique current
(C) South Indian Ocean current (D) Benguela current (Answer : D)
12. OX-bow lake is also known as–
(A) Billabong (B) Mort Lake (C) Bayou (D) All of these (Answer : A)
13. The busiest oceanic route is–
(A) Suez Canal Route (B) Cape of good hope Route
(C) North Atlantic Route (D) Panama Canal Route (Answer : C)
14. Average depth of Atlantic Ocean–
(A) 4000 metre (B) 4200 metre (C) 3900 metre (D) 3000 metre (Answer : C)
15. Canary cold current flows–
(A) near by Africa (B) near by Asia
(C) near by North America (D) near by South America (Answer : A)
16. Dualisms in nature of geography is–
(A) rural and urban geography (B) economic and resource geography
(C) population and settlement geography (D) regional and systematic geography (Answer : D)
17. Assertion (A) : Bihar is a back-ward state of the country.
Reason (R) : It is characterized by regional disparities in the level of development.
Select the correct answer from the orders given below–
(A) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of A
(C) A is true, but (R) is false
(D) R is true, but (A) is false (Answer : B)
18. The term cosmography is coined by–
(A) Mackinder (B) Humboldt (C) Kant (D) Ptolemy (Answer : B)
19. ‘World Environment Day’ is observed on–
(A) April 5 (B) June 5 (C) August 5 (D) October 5 (Answer : B)
20. Where are tropical evergreen forests found?
(A) Assam (B) Odisha (C) West Bengal (D) All of these (Answer : A)
21. In which economic activity does manufacturing come?
(A) Primary (B) Secondary (C) Tertiary (D) Quaternary (Answer : B)
22. Which of the following land-forms is not formed by glacier erosion?
(A) Hanging Valley (B) Horn (C) Tarn (D) Drumlin (Answer : D)
23. In terms of population as per 2011 census, the correct sequence of the following districts of Uttar Pradesh in descending order is–
(A) Moradabad, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Lucknow (B) Lucknow, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Moradabad
(C) Allahabad, Moradabad, Ghaziabad, Lucknow (D) Ghaziabad, Lucknow, Moradabad, Allahabad (Answer : C)
24. Coalescence theory of rain was propounded by–
(A) Peterson (B) Bergeron (C) Vonnegut (D) Bowen (Answer : D)
25. The geographers who recognized geography as a chronological science of landscape morphology was–
(A) Sauer (B) Davis (C) Huntington (D) Hartshorne (Answer : D)
26. Match List-I with the List-II and select the correct answer from the codes given below–
(a) Tilaiya Dam 1. Damodar
(b) Panchet Hill Dam 2. Chambal
(c) Rana Pratap Sagar Dam 3. Barakar
(d) Mata Tila Dam 4. Betwa
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 1 2 4
(B) 2 3 4 1
(C) 4 1 2 3
(D) 1 2 3 4 (Answer : A)
27. The concept of ‘Areal differentiation’ is also termed as–
(A) exceptionalism (B) chorological study
(C) systematic geography (D) regionalism (Answer : B)
28. National Botanical Garden of India is situated in–
(A) Mumbai (B) New Delhi (C) Lucknow (D) Bengaluru (Answer : C)
29. Most urbanized state of India is–
(A) Goa (B) Punjab (C) Nagaland (D) Sikkim (Answer : A)
30. ‘Cosmos’ book was written by one of the following scholars?
(A) Humboldt (B) Retzel (C) Ritter (D) Hettner (Answer : A)
31. Which category of rocks Lopolith and Phacolith are?
(A) Igneous Rocks (B) Sedimentary Rocks
(C) Metamorphic Rocks (D) None of these (Answer : A)
32. Which is the newer mountain range?
(A) Aravali (B) Himalaya (C) Vindhyachal (D) Satpura (Answer : B)
33. What is means of inversion of temperature?
(A) decreasing of temperature with height (B) increasing of temperature with height
(C) same temperature (D) decreasing temperature with latitudinal growth (Answer : B)
34. Which organisms use both grass and flesh biothings for their meal ?
(A) Herbivorous (B) Carnivorous (C) Omnivorous (D) None of these (Answer : C)
35. According to 2011 census the density of population per kilo-meter in India is–
(A) 382 (B) 325 (C) 372 (D) 335 (Answer : A)
36. The highest peak of Uttarakhand is–
(A) Nanda Devi (B) Kamet (C) Kedarnath (D) Badrinath (Answer : A)
37. The cheapest means of transport is–
(A) road transport (B) water transport (C) rail transport (D) air transport (Answer : B)
38. Diamond is a metamorphic rock what is its original form?
(A) Sand stone (B) Gneiss (C) Coal (D) None of these (Answer : C)
39. Who of the following used the term ‘Deep Ecology’ for the first time?
(A) E. P. Odum (B) C. Raunkiaer (C) F. E. Clements (D) Arnies Naess (Answer : D)
40. Which one of the following branches of geography is related with physical Geography?
(A) Settlement geography (B) Population geography
(C) Geomorphology (D) Agricultural geography (Answer : C)
41. The main aim of ‘Chipko Movement’ is–
(A) to save trees (B) to save female
(C) to save religion (D) to save education (Answer : A)
42. In India maximum rubber producing state is–
(A) Tamil Nadu (B) Karnataka (C) Andaman Nicobar (D) Kerala (Answer : D)
43. The founder of the concept of areal differentiation in Geography is–
(A) Retzel (B) Marthe (C) Hettner (D) Eratosthenes (Answer : C)
44. Where is Wuhan Industrial Region?
(A) China (B) Italy (C) France (D) Japan (Answer : A)
45. In which of the following year the ‘Central Ganga Authority’ by Government of India was constituted?
(A) 1975 (B) 1982 (C) 1985 (D) 1995 (Answer : C)
46. Which of the following mountains is not the result of Tertiary orogeny?
(A) Kunlun Mountain (B) Applachians Mountain
(C) Alps Mountain (D) Andes Mountain (Answer : B)
47. In which of the following states alluvial soil is very scanty ?
(A) Punjab (B) Madhya Pradesh (C) Tamil Nadu (D) Bihar (Answer : C)
48. “Regional geography is core of geography.” The statement is given by–
(A) Dickinson (B) Hartshorne (C) Blache (D) Herbertson (Answer : C)
49. Nepanagar is related to which industry ?
(A) Fertilizers (B) Newsprint paper (C) Sarees (D) Woolen textiles (Answer : B)
50. Which geographer’s said “Change is the law of Nature” ?
(A) Brunhes (B) Blache (C) Humboldt (D) Huntington (Answer : A)
51. Which ocean is related to Gulf Stream?
(A) Northern Pacific Ocean (B) Indian Ocean
(C) Northern Atlantic Ocean (D) None of these (Answer : C)
52. According to 2011 census the male-female ratio in India is–
(A) 1000–900 (B) 1000–933 (C) 1000–940 (D) 1000–943 (Answer : D)
53. Who among the following was a arm chair philosophical geographer?
(A) Varenius (B) Kant (C) Humboldt (D) Retzel (Answer : B)
54. When did Weber propound his theory related to Location of Industries?
(A) 1905 AD. (B) 1909 AD. (C) 1919 AD. (D) 1930 AD. (Answer : B)
55. Where was mined first coal mine in India?
(A) Raniganj (B) Dhanbad (C) Assansol (D) Jharia (Answer : A)
56. Which Era is divided into Triasic, Jurasic and Critesius age?
(A) Mesozoic Era (B) Cenozoic Era (C) Arcuozoic Era (D) None of these (Answer : A)
57. Which of the following in the correct sequence of states of India in descending order in terms of reserves of coal ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha (B) Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha
(C) Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh (D) Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh (Answer : C)
58. From population point of view India gets its rank in the world–
(A) first (B) second (C) third (D) fourth (Answer : B)
59. Where is Ruhr Industrial Region?
(A) France (B) Germany (C) Russia (D) Italy (Answer : B)
60. Suez Canal connects–
(A) Mediterranean Sea –Black Sea (B) Mediterranean Sea –Arabian Sea
(C) Mediterranean Sea –Red Sea (D) Black Sea –Red Sea (Answer : C)
61. Which of the following is not in Kolkata-Hoogly industrial region?
(A) Haldia (B) Jamshedpur (C) Titagarh (D) Naihati (Answer : B)
62. Kedarnath and Badrinath are situated in–
(A) Punjab Himalaya (B) Kumaun Himalaya
(C) Assam Himalaya (D) Nepal Himalaya (Answer : B)
63. Who among the following laid the foundation of human geography?
(A) Humboldt (B) Ritter (C) Retzel (D) Hettner (Answer : C)
64. Generally India has been divided into how many regions?
(A) 3 (B) 4 (C) 5 (D) 6 (Answer : B)
65. Which of the following lakes of India is located in Assam?
(A) Chapanala Lake (B) Hamirsar Lake (C) Koleru Lake (D) Sala Lake (Answer : A)
66. Which of the following authors wrote the book ‘Erdkunde’ ?
(A) Humboldt (B) Ritter (C) Retzel (D) Richthofen (Answer : B)
67. Length of the diameter of Hurricanes is–
(A) 10-50 km (B) 50-100 km (C) 100-200 km (D) 500-600 km (Answer : C)
68. Which is the first in fish producing in the world?
(A) Japan (B) USA (C) Norway (D) Great Britain (Answer : A)
69. How many stages of cycle of erosion were mentioned by Davis?
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4 (Answer : C)
70. In which vegetation zone Sundarvan are found in India?
(A) Tropical Evergreen (B) Tropical Monsoon (C) Tidal (D) Desert (Answer : C)
71. In which of the following area most of the earthquakes of the world come?
(A) Mediterranean sea belt (B) Atlantic ocean belt
(C) Circum pacific ocean belt (D) Indian ocean belt (Answer : C)
72. Where are Savannah Grasslands?
(A) North America (B) North Mid Africa (C) Australia (D) Mid Asia (Answer : D)
73. ‘Geography is chorological science of earth suface’. Who says?
(A) Edward Ackerman (B) Humboldt (C) Hettner (D) Griffith Taylor (Answer : C)
74. Make the pairs of chief rivers to their place of origin–
(a) Yamuna 1. Sihawa
(b) Krishna 2. Nasik
(c) Godawari 3. Mahabaleshwar
(d) Mahanadi 4. Yamunotri
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 4 3 2 1
(B) 1 2 3 4
(C) 4 2 1 3
(D) 4 2 3 1 (Answer : A)
75. The first person to plot the Bay of Bengal–
(A) Strabo (B) Ptolemy (C) Al-Masudi (D) Humboldt (Answer : B)
76. Which of the following nuclear power plants has the highest total installed capacity ?
(A) Kakrapar (B) Kaiga (C) Tarapur (D) Kudankulam (Answer : C)
77. Which one of the following geographers propounded the organic theory of state?
(A) Humboldt (B) Ritter (C) Retzel (D) Richthofen (Answer : C)
78. Great Barrier Reef is located–
(A) near Japan (B) near East cost of Australia
(C) near Great Britain (D) Middle Altantic Ocean (Answer : B)
79. He is known as the father of geography because he first time used the word Geography–
(A) Ptolemy (B) Eratosthenes (C) Herodotus (D) Hecataeus (Answer : B)
80. Where ‘Green Revolution’ in India has become successful ?
(A) Peninsular India (B) Central India
(C) Eastern Coastal Areas of India (D) Punjab – Haryana and Western Uttar Pradesh (Answer : D)
81. Atollo is–
(A) oceanic current (B) mountain peak
(C) island (D) a spatial type of coral reefs (Answer : D)
82. Tarn lake is related–
(A) cirque (B) desert (C) flood plains (D) plateau (Answer : A)
83. Who among the following geographers presented the concept of morphology of landscape?
(A) Huntington (B) Hartshorne (C) Davis (D) Sauer (Answer : D)
84. What is in Khetadi ?
(A) Copper mines (B) Coal mines (C) Bauxite mines (D) Iron-ore mines (Answer : A)
85. Most developed state from Agriculture point of view is–
(A) Punjab (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Jharkhand (D) Maharashtra (Answer : A)
86. Which of the following land-forms is not related to works of river?
(A) Water fall (B) Ox-bow lake (C) Barkhan (D) ‘V’ shaped valley (Answer : C)
87. Lal Imali is related to which industry ?
(A) Cotton textile (B) Paper (C) Woollen textile (D) Jute (Answer : C)
88. Which of the following is primary Rocks?
(A) Igneous (B) Sedimentary (C) Metamorphic (D) None of these (Answer : A)
89. The function of the ozone layer in the stratosphere is–
(A) to maintain the global temperature (B) to reduce the frequency of earthquakes
(C) to prevent failure of monsoon (D) to prevent ultra violet radiation (Answer : D)
90. Who used Isodapane ?
(A) Weber (B) August Losch (C) Davis (D) Hoower (Answer : A)
91. Which of the following geographers made the statement that “Man is a product of the earth” ?
(A) Huntington (B) Taylor (C) I. Bowman (D) Semple (Answer : D)
92. Glacio-Fluvial deposits Landscape is–
(A) Esker (B) Cirque (C) Tarn (D) Glacial Stairway (Answer : A)
93. The condition of Aphelion is–
(A) 3 January (B) 21 June (C) 4 July (D) 22 December (Answer : C)
94. Average density of the whole earth is–
(A) 2.5 (B) 3.5 (C) 5.5 (D) 11.0 (Answer : C)
95. According to 2011 female literacy percentage in India is–
(A) 55.46 (B) 65.46 (C) 75.46 (D) None of these (Answer : B)
96. Sunda trench is located in–
(A) Pacific Ocean (B) Indian Ocean (C) Atlantic Ocean (D) None of these (Answer : B)
97. The best type of coal is–
(A) peat (B) lignite (C) anthrecite (D) bituminus (Answer : C)
98. Major use of corn (maize) in USA is–
(A) in human food (B) in animal fodder
(C) in formation of starch (D) to prepare alcohol (Answer : B)
99. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Shipki La –Himachal Pradesh (B) Lipu Lekh –Arunachal Pradesh
(C) Nathu La –Sikkim (D) Joji La –Jammu and Kashmir (Answer : B)
100. Which agent of erosion results mushroom rocks?
(A) Glaciers (B) Running water (C) Wind (D) Sea waves (Answer : C)
101. Which is the resultant Rift valley?
(A) Folding (B) Faulting (C) Wraping (D) Nape (Answer : B)
102. Spruce, Fur and Chir are chiefly found in–
(A) Equatorial Forests (B) Mediterranean Forests
(C) Taiga Forests (D) Monsoon Forests (Answer : C)
103. In which of the following census years in India was recorded the highest percentage change in population?
(A) 1971 (B) 1981 (C) 1991 (D) 2001 (Answer : A)
104. The traveller who first discovered India was–
(A) Vasco da Gama (B) Columbus (C) Magellan (D) Captain Cook (Answer : A)
105. In which month the maximum rain occurs in India–
(A) May (B) June (C) July (D) August (Answer : C)
106. When was established European Free Trade Association?
(A) May 3, 1950 (B) May 3, 1960 (C) May 3, 1963 (D) May 3, 1965 (Answer : B)
107. In Brazil, coffee gardens are called–
(A) Coffee garden (B) Fazenda (C) Selvas (D) Pampas (Answer : B)
108. Blache is related to which of the following concepts ?
(A) Determinism (B) Possibilism (C) Neo-determinism (D) Probabilism (Answer : B)
109. Which one of the following rivers is called a ‘biological desert’ due to heavy pollution load?
(A) Damodar (B) Ghaghra (C) Periyar (D) Yamuna (Answer : A)
110. Percentage of sodium chloride in ocean water is–
(A) 54.0 (C) 77.8 (B) 64.0 (D) 10.9 (Answer : C)
111. Metamorphism of Shale is formed–
(A) Slate (B) Marble (C) Gneiss (D) None of these (Answer : A)
112. Sun spot is–
(A) black spot of sun surface (B) black spot near the sun
(C) red spot near the sun (D) None of these (Answer : A)
113. Rice is the plant of which type of climate?
(A) tropical (B) temperate (C) warm-humid (D) warm-dry (Answer : C)
114. Hirakud Dam, has been constructed on which river?
(A) Godavari (B) Mahanadi (C) Kosi (D) Barakar (Answer : B)
115. The last zone of Von Thunen’s Location theory of agriculture is known–
(A) Firewood Field (B) Intensive crop Agriculture
(C) Crop Farming fallow and pasture (D) Livestock Farming (Answer : D)
116. Which of the following has the largest biodiversity ?
(A) Temperate deciduous forest biome (B) Tropical rain forest biome
(C) Temperate grassland biome (D) Savana biome (Answer : B)
117. Who among the following is known as cultural geographer?
(A) Jefferson (B) Semple (C) Huntington (D) Carl Sauer (Answer : D)
118. The founder of Human Geography in France was–
(A) Jean Bruhnes (B) A. Demangeon (C) A. P. Perpillo (D) Vidal De La Blache (Answer : D)
119. Who says “Vegelation is the ture index of climate” ?
(A) Themthwait (B) Koppen (C) Stamp (D) Triwartha (Answer : B)
120. Humboldt in his geographical studies gave priority to one of the following–
(A) Systematic geography (B) Regional geography
(C) Physical geography (D) Human geography (Answer : A)
121. The author of the book ‘Geographic Universale is–
(A) Blanchard (B) Bruhnes (C) Blache (D) Demangeon (Answer : C)
122. What is Sirocco ?
(A) Volcanoes (B) Local winds (C) Bird (D) Island (Answer : B)
123. The energy derived from the sun is–
(A) insolation (B) insulation (C) isolation (D) radiation (Answer : D)
124. Which elements are abundant in the formation of interior layer of the earth?
(A) Silica and aluminium (B) Silica and magnesium
(C) Basalt and silica (D) Nickel and iron (Answer : D)
125. Manchester is famous for which industry ?
(A) Cotton textile (B) Woolen textile (C) Iron – steel (D) Paper (Answer : A)